Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like watching your daughter being set up on an arranged marriage.

You hope he's going to treat her well and provide for her if needed. Hope he's not going to walk out when the going gets a little tough.

We pray he's not abusive and will take his responsibility very seriously.

We're not confident our daughter has the right man. Just hopeful, at best.

We shall go to the church. But if our daughter leaves him standing at the altàr. Then you can't help but feel a slight sigh of relief.

I know those words might come across a little Kopite-ish, but i'm worried sick about this tbh.

IF this man IS the devil and is looking to cash in on our on-field assets, along with a few seasons of vast sums of TV cash. Then we could be sunk without a trace. And there would be very little we could do about it.

Smell the slightest whiff of a rat Bill. Then you GTFO of there.

the colour red is considered good luck in China hence the flag and all there national colours

Sorry I offended you Bungle and Roydo but Vincent Tan believed the same thing about Red being lucky and changed the Cardiff strip

Just saying the eastern option would also be as risky as the cowboys

According to Derek Hatton,Keith Harris has flown to the states(without Orville) on our behalf to tie up the takeover,this is the same Harris that recommended we sell to a fella in a bedsit,
What could go wrong?
Absolute joke.

the colour red is considered good luck in China hence the flag and all there national colours

Sorry I offended you Bungle and Roydo but Vincent Tan believed the same thing about Red being lucky and changed the Cardiff strip

Just saying the eastern option would also be as risky as the cowboys

Not offended in the slightest mate. And I reckon Bungle would say the same.

According to Derek Hatton,Keith Harris has flown to the states(without Orville) on our behalf to tie up the takeover,this is the same Harris that recommended we sell to a fella in a bedsit,
What could go wrong?
Absolute joke.

I know !!!!
Taking your bird on a business trip is so unprofessional

There's two different scenarios at play here, one slightly more complex than the other.

If Moores and Noell are just acquiring Bill's, Jon's and Earl's shares then the process is fairly simple. At this stage they will have agreed a price for the shares, will be satisfied with the results of their due diligence.

Their lawyers will just be finalising the transfer of the shares into whatever entity M&N wish to use, they'll have undertakings about any currently unknown liabilities. The Board will be preparing the resignation of existing directors and the election of new officers.

Monies will be in place and probably within 10 days the share transfer will be concluded, takeover done.

If M&N are acquiring all shares then in addition to the above they will have contacted sufficient large shareholders seeking their agreement to the terms offered, looking to acquire 90%. I'm assuming the fact that it's in the public domain now, that if they are acquiring all shares then they must have this level of acceptance. At this point it's then back to the lawyers to arrange transfer and settlement plus the necessary board changes followed by sweeping up the smaller shareholders.
Third scenario - negotiating with Grantchester/Abercromby/Estate of SPC to end up with 75% approval in principle then off to the courts for sched of arrangement. Holds the process up possibly, but easier to agree wit 5 or 6 than literally hundreds of small shareholders to get 90%.

Just saying

Last edited:
What could go wrong?
Absolute joke.
Never believed that story from right out of Bill's posterior tbf. What was scary was him making up stories that actually made him look a plonker. Strange behaviour.

Can anyone point me to a quality primer re corporate buyouts / takeovers under British law and/or BPL & FA requirements? I know vaguely (from reading of Kroenke's buyin / buyout of Arsenal a few years ago) that there are different thresholds that place different requirements on the new owner. I spend most of my quality time on American healthcare law and would love something different to read!

Thx, David

Status
Not open for further replies.