Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moores never had complete ownership of the Padres, there were always minority owners as with any civic sports team. Here's one minority owner Glenn Doshay talking about selling his share when John first tried to sell the Padres. Moores is a businessman and investor who has had plenty of experience as a Chairman of dozens of companies he's invested in (many of them with founders still on the board) and leading coalitions (he's very politically savvy - some say too savvy w/ Valerie Stallings incident, although Moores never technically did anything wrong).

I understand that. My question is that as a majority shareholder with several hundred small shareholders how does he attract the capital to achieve what he achieved elsewhere.

I understand that. My question is that as a majority shareholder with several hundred small shareholders how does he attract the capital to achieve what he achieved elsewhere.
I don't understand why the small shareholders would be relevant? Surely normal companies can raise capital without referring to their small shareholders? I know I have never been contacted by any company I have held shares in (apart from rights issues).

Added: And then I had the choice to buy the extra rights or to dilute my holding.

Me currently

652a03df5a7170aafddc65626e1ab372.png
Sorry about the other leg mate

Elstones' interview to keep his job
" well bob what are your ideas to move EFC forward? "

"erm..erm.. how much compo you gonna pay me to leave"

Okay then it goes like this

Man City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Leicester
Bournemouth
Villa
Newcastle
Sunderland
Southampton
Man Utd
Spurs
Stoke

There all richer then us. Doesn't make them bigger

Not sure on Watford,Norwich,West ham, c place and West brom

Exactly, and my point being g that under Bills stewardship we have finished above the vast majority of said clubs

I don't understand why the small shareholders would be relevant? Surely normal companies can raise capital without referring to their small shareholders? I know I have never been contacted by any company I have held shares in (apart from rights issues).

Added: And then I had the choice to buy the extra rights or to dilute my holding.

I think it is particularly relevant. I can't believe new owners will go to the expense and hassle of issuing new shares after acquiring a majority holding and then significantly invest themselves. Far cleaner to acquire all the shares in the first instance and then recapitalise the wholly owned business.

If they just retain a majority interest it suggests strongly to me that future capital will come from debt sources not equity.

I think it is particularly relevant. I can't believe new owners will go to the expense and hassle of issuing new shares after acquiring a majority holding and then significantly invest themselves. Far cleaner to acquire all the shares in the first instance and then recapitalise the wholly owned business.

If they just retain a majority interest it suggests strongly to me that future capital will come from debt sources not equity.
Apologies if you have covered this before but can any new ownership make a compulsory offer (at the price that they purchased) for any outstanding shares once they have a majority?

Apologies if you have covered this before but can any new ownership make a compulsory offer (at the price that they purchased) for any outstanding shares once they have a majority?

Yes at 90% without recourse to the Courts. At 75% with agreement from the High Court.

get the Chinese in a tank and flatten these yanks into the park end car park like theyre students in Tiananmen Sq.

Cheap Steel to build, boss takeaway food & oodles of the all important ££'s

Knowing our luck they will change the kit to Red (means good luck in China) and slap a dragon on the badge

Its not like the Chines to listen to anyone let alone the fan base

Vincent Tan anyone ????

Status
Not open for further replies.