Differences between Everton and Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but it's symptomatic of a problem in the teams setup and tactics. IMO the crowd aren't booing the players they're booing the style

Come on mate, surely you aren't saying that Barkley doesnt get the rough end of it from the crowd? Pundits, fans, himself...everyone can see it.

Come on mate, surely you aren't saying that Barkley doesnt get the rough end of it from the crowd? Pundits, fans, himself...everyone can see it.

Yeah I've been rough on him. I admit that. We expect a lot from him and forget his age. I don't think Martinez helps him by constantly praising him in the media. I also feel he would do better under a different manager. There's a difference between being allowed to make mistakes and getting away with making mistakes. Stones falls into this too. That mistake yesterday has been coming.

Biggest difference is Spurs think and ACT like they are still a club that should expect to be finishing in the top 4 and a manager who doesn't live up to that is not kept, taken them a whilst but they seem to have got the right one now - and even when they didn't they still pushed the top 4 more consistently than we did

We have very low expectations at Everton, what we will accept is far from the best, its pathetic, while other clubs demand progress.

Rather than hold us up to apple-orange comparisons with other clubs I'd say we'd be better saying "is this good enough for Everton"?

Yeah I've been rough on him. I admit that. We expect a lot from him and forget his age. I don't think Martinez helps him by constantly praising him in the media. I also feel he would do better under a different manager. There's a difference between being allowed to make mistakes and getting away with making mistakes. Stones falls into this too. That mistake yesterday has been coming.

Everything after the bit in bold is fair game imo. That's your belief based on what you see and like anyone's opinion, it's worth respect.

The bit in bold is a sad, sad thing to do. I'm not jumping on my high horse, but I cannot understand why you would get on someones case knowing that they share the same love and passion for the club as you do.

You/We are so much better than that.

Everything after the bit in bold is fair game imo. That's your belief based on what you see and like anyone's opinion, it's worth respect.

The bit in bold is a sad, sad thing to do. I'm not jumping on my high horse, but I cannot understand why you would get on someones case knowing that they share the same love and passion for the club as you do.

You/We are so much better than that.

I haven't singled him out in any way, its not vicious or personal. All players get it. He gets the brunt of it because he sees so much of the ball but has no outlet for it. Again I'm not getting on him I'm getting at Martinez and the way he has us playing but he's not on the pitch so the players get it.

They understand winning starts with a good defense. They don't have a Rolls Royce in their defense doing Cruyff turns and nonsense in the box. They understand when to clear their lines.

Their goal keeper is top notch and gets into his defense when they mess up

And Erikson controls the midfield and goes forward with the ball.

Finally, I think their manager holds his players accountable while ours shields them and coddles them.

They understand winning starts with a good defense. They don't have a Rolls Royce in their defense doing Cruyff turns and nonsense in the box. They understand when to clear their lines.

Their goal keeper is top notch and gets into his defense when they mess up

And Erikson controls the midfield and goes forward with the ball.

Finally, I think their manager holds his players accountable while ours shields them and coddles them.

LOL !!

Main difference is money for me....

Spurs have the cash to go out and stockpile young talented players, knowing full well if they don't come off they can bin them off, we don't,
Bostock, walker, naughton, alli, dawson, erikson, bale, etc etc, all bought relatively cheaply, some failed, some are now top class

I think to blame Stones for our woes is more than a bit misguided? The defence is struggling so badly because they have no confidence in the man behind them and they get no sheilding from the porous midfield in front of them! I seriosly think our midfield is one of our biggest problems. We play with effectively four across the park, but only Barry works? Barkley cannot be played central midfield unless he is prepared to move his fat arse and help out when we are under the cosh! if he cannot / will not do that duty he must be played in the no. 10 role, where his lack of tracking back is less damaging to the midfields coherence! When Mo went off yesterday, we effectively went down to one man working to protect the defence, and he is the oldest on the pitch!

Status
Not open for further replies.