Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a good reason for that, they're not what we need.

Obviously to counter that I'm fully aware that we don't have a right to find the perfect match and we need investment fast so it's not an ideal situation.
I'd rather take a gamble with any of the other interested parties myself. I'm sure they will come to the fore soon, even if there is no truth to the rumour these two have withdrawn interest.

Ok Friend.

Stay classy.

Reported by the way.
fat-baby-06.jpg

Just read this over at another forum by a poster writing his opinion and thought it made sense really. I wouldn't say NO to a billionaire Arab either ;)

"The boat to care about moving Bill out has long since sailed. A new owner a few years ago who might have bankrolled the manager and enabled a genuine top four push would have made a difference. With FFP and the sheer amount of money that now comes in via media deals, really, the benefits of a wealthy new owner have kinda been and gone.

Off the field, I'd like

1) The dodgy backroom [Poor language removed] to disappear. The VIBRAC loans, all of that...good bye.

2) A root to branch review of the club's operations and plans for transformation, with some seriously smart people put in place to help make that happen.

3) To redevelop Goodison so that it's capable of holding 50,000 and is as close to state of the art / future proofed as it can and should be. I no longer think a move would make the blindest bit of difference - the incremental revenue vs what will come in (and continue to grow) via media streams makes attendance money a drop in the ocean these days. Make the stadium experience as good as it can possibly be, expand to 50k (we will rarely, if ever, fill more than that and we'll likely max out below it, so we don't want the psychological / atmospheric disadvantage of playing to a half empty stadium).

But a new, rich owner? Low on my list of priorities. In many ways, I'd rather just have Bill now anyway (given that he's more likely to make decisions for the good of the club than the profit margins - as long as the leeches move on). The irony is that we had the chairman we didn't need when it was time to have a wealthy foreign billionaire in control; now that the wealthy owner is less necessary we're more likely to end up with one as Bill's health sadly declines."

Ita actually pretty much spot on.

we dont need a takeover now, what we do need is investment to develop goodison or buy a new stadium.

i'd think we should be able to do this without a full takeover.

we dont need a takeover now, what we do need is investment to develop goodison or buy a new stadium.

i'd think we should be able to do this without a full takeover.
Please explain how a new majority shareholder is going to fund this if it is not by way of externalised borrowings, be that by bank or themselves setting up an external funding company and charging interest?
Banks aren't going to provide 100% finance on a ground, and is a business-person going to give an interest free loan for the required deposit/contribution to give the minority shareholders a free ride?
Bear in mind that any interest paid for will be an expense for FFP profit/loss purposes as soon as the stadium generates income.
Surely the best solution is a 100% takeover woth a rights issue immediately afterwards to get interest free capital into the business.
Investment and purchase are 2 completely different issues.

Last edited:
Please explain how a new majority shareholder is going to fund this if it is not by way of externalised borrowings, be that by bank or themselves setting up an external funding company and charging interest?
Banks aren't going to provide 100% finance on a ground, and is a business-person going to give an interest free loan for the required deposit/contribution to give the minority shareholders a free ride?
Bear in mind that any interest paid for will be an expense for FFP profit/loss purposes as soon as the stadium generates income.
Surely the best solution is a 100% takeover woth a rights issue immediately afterwards to get interest free capital into the business.
Investment and purchase are 2 completely different issues.

I havent mentioned about majority shareholders nor bank loans.

Personally i'd be exploring PE deals for minority stakeholding to build a ground and repayment terms based around that an future income streams.

It would cost alot but over time the value of the club would increase and the shareholding wouldnt be affected after repayment.

I havent mentioned about majority shareholders nor bank loans.

Personally i'd be exploring PE deals for minority stakeholding to build a ground and repayment terms based around that an future income streams.

It would cost alot but over time the value of the club would increase and the shareholding wouldnt be affected after repayment.
I may have this totally wrong, but it would appear that you are proposing the following:-

That an outside party, but not a bank, is approached to loan the club funds 100% of funds to build a stadium because the current owners won't/can't and in return they get a minority stake in the club , presumably which they have to buy from existing shareholders.

The loan they advance gets repaid when income streams are available to do so.

Is that what you're suggesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.