Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we berating John Stones - I mean £40m John Stones - for a hypothetical situation where he lost the ball and gave away a goal now?

Because if we are then that is next level Everton biff stuff and I am mighty impressed.

Now I'm starting to think that some of you Ladies doth protest too much, but just in case, I will, when time allows (which means when Mrs Degsy isn't watching all her rubbish ) go back and watch the replay and see just how far he painted himself into the corner before the Reff came to his rescue.

Maybe you all should too.

The other point is, what ever your name is, however cool and boss you are and yes even if you might be 'worth' 40M. there is a time and a place.
The 'other' other point is it good or bad that the park end 'have a go'

Try this at home; It's 1-1 at 88 mins substitute Alcarez for Stones and then maybe review how you would be feeling in the general scheme of things

Edit;I just watched it Stones got lucky

but hey opinions innit.

Last edited:
I think they were telling him how NOT to play tbh, as in don't fanny about in your own box and that the next option he shouldn't choose was to take it into the 6 yd box and fanny about there.

This exactly mate. Insanity why stones was doing this I would rather he hoofed it then be cruyff and concede a goal but no let's not talk like that and hinder his career lol lol lol

Now I'm starting to think that some of you Ladies doth protest too much, but just in case, I will, when time allows (which means when Mrs Degsy isn't watching all her rubbish ) go back and watch the replay and see just how far he painted himself into the corner before the Reff came to his rescue.

Maybe you all should too.

The other point is, what ever your name is, however cool and boss you are and yes even if you might be 'worth' 40M. there is a time and a place.
The 'other' other point is it good or bad that the park end 'have a go'

Try this at home; It's 1-1 at 88 mins substitute Alcarez for Stones and then maybe review how you would be feeling in the general scheme of things

Edit;I just watched it Stones got lucky

but hey opinions innit.

Watched the last 30minutes 3 times, mainly to see Besic play 90 minutes.

:hayee:

John F Stones, the footballer.

Everton were comprehensively outplayed in the first half and 1-1 flattered them.

Full credit for the turnaround after half-time, but to say it was anything other than poor before that is disingenuous.

Maybe I phrased it badly.

I agree, we were poor, but I also believe that it was our gameplan so sit back and try and play on the break.

We probably sat too deep, though, and Spurs got on top.

But I genuinely think that yesterday was a point gained rather than lost, and by the end we were the only side looking likely to win. I know that it's still a draw, but they're a fantastic side this season.

Given that the majority of posters on here had us being flattened before the game 1-1 was a good result.
Better to play defensive the first half and all out attack second than grab a first half lead and try to defend it for 60 minutes (old style).
I'd rather see John Stones running rings round the opposition in his own penalty area than hoofing it to the opposition and setting up another Spurs attack. He has talent and shows it.
We had the better chances and could have won it. Spurs goal was pure class, as was ours.
Bring on City!!

Given that the majority of posters on here had us being flattened before the game 1-1 was a good result.
Better to play defensive the first half and all out attack second than grab a first half lead and try to defend it for 60 minutes (old style).
I'd rather see John Stones running rings round the opposition in his own penalty area than hoofing it to the opposition and setting up another Spurs attack. He has talent and shows it.
We had the better chances and could have won it. Spurs goal was pure class, as was ours.
Bring on City!!
That's a good point Kevin.

First half, we did not play great, but It almost worked, sitting back to counter.

But lets give Spurs some credit, as good as anyone at Goodison in that first half, quality all over the pitch.

Looking on the Spurs forums, seems they are happy with a draw, although feel they should have got more rewards for that first half.....sounds familiar to many of our games.

Couple of post match thoughts

1. Kone is NOT and never will be a winger - if he is a NO 9 then Brown shoes needs to play him as a central striker otherwise we are hobbling the team, it,s balance and destroying the lad by asking to play out the wing.
2. Besic was a revelation.
3. Why did it take Bobby 55 mins to work out he needed to go 5 in the middle?
4. Ross needs to play further forward.
5 Stones is a Rolls Royce of a player but save the 6 yard box stuff for when we are 4-0 up not 1-1 with 20 mins to go.
6. Bobby get the left hand side of the pitch sorted out and get a new GK.

Status
Not open for further replies.