Old Everton Pictures

396b2fff45c24b5bbcc53a930f7be6af.jpg

Click here to see an enlarged version of this photograph

Who's in the picture?

[Back left to front right] - Mick Coffey, Dave Jones, Mark Higgins, Drew Brand, Dai Davies, David Lawson, Ken McNaught, Martin Murray, Ross Jack, Steve Burtenshaw [first-team coach], Eric Harrison [reserve-team manager], Gary Jones, George Telfer, Bob Latchford, Roger Kenyon, Mike Lyons, Jim Pearson, Martin Dobson, David Smallman, John Connolly, Ray Minshall [youth development officer], Colin Harvey [coach] BJ Monoghan,Mike Bernard, Mick Buckley, Steve Seargeant, Terry Darracott, Billy Bingham [manager - Billy was replaced by Gordon Lee in January 1977],Bryan Hamilton, Andy King, Ronnie Goodlass, Neil Robinson, Nigel Groome, Barry Wellings, Ray Deakin, J Milne, M Hart, Pat Heard, Billy Russell, P Lamont, G Stenson, David Esser.

Even though this was the year before THAT January 1978 photo it could be one of these. Martin Murray was deemed the 'new' George Best but he never played a game for us because he got a bad injury.

0YYdbs6briwzTxsfjx9qXD9plaarv-IrU3bjoe3DOPFTNihqyCv41QLVixcyrxVANd1w1Q=s145

Ray Deakins died of cancer in 2008. Never made an appearance for us.

2C176EhkCDy8ggUDxhV1G0-rJOJS0OPgkT6UdwZk50O35a0r4N-bICVVqPRGT1axOZ6t=s117

Is it either of these or does he search goes on?

......actually played with and against a few on these pictures including Ray Deakin and David Esser. I'm sure Esser was a Stockport lad, I played against him at Edgely Park - I scored 2 and he didn't score, never miss an opportunity.

Well done Esk that is brilliant. I am sticking with my idea. It's the mate of the bloke that took the photo. Proves photo bombing was not invented recently! Seriously probably just a mate of the players.

I still think its the DIY man at Belefield maybe a groundsman, someone of that ilk?

Think you are right lads, no one has come up with a name yet. All @Eggs fault :)

....as usual, out in good company this afternoon and reminiscing. Old ex-docker pal said he went to Swindon to watch the blues in that dreadful winter of 1963. The coach took an age to get there and the game had already been postponed once. No tickets, the bus arrived and they couldn't get in because the ground was full.

Apparently, the Swindon owner (Bert Head) came out and took the lads in and sat them on a bench on the side of the pitch, "behave yourselves he said". No entrance fee was paid and Mr Head gave them all a Cuppa and a free programme. Everton were some side then and when our 5th went in the lads on the side ran on the pitch, Brian Labone pleading with them to get off in case the game was cancelled.

....as usual, out in good company this afternoon and reminiscing. Old ex-docker pal said he went to Swindon to watch the blues in that dreadful winter of 1963. The coach took an age to get there and the game had already been postponed once. No tickets, the bus arrived and they couldn't get in because the ground was full.

Apparently, the Swindon owner (Bert Head) came out and took the lads in and sat them on a bench on the side of the pitch, "behave yourselves he said". No entrance fee was paid and Mr Head gave them all a Cuppa and a free programme. Everton were some side then and when our 5th went in the lads on the side ran on the pitch, Brian Labone pleading with them to get off in case the game was cancelled.
Highlight of the day that story my older brother went today probably still in the pub with his son drowning their sorrows Everton lately let us down - they were a good side, but we should have gone in at half time ahead!

English League Division One match at Goodison Park. Everton 3 v Liverpool 1. The scene after Ian St John appeared to have struck Everton goalkeeper Gordon West. Tony Kay holds back St John as West rolls on the ground holding his face with Brian Labone points to the incident-

english-league-division-one-match-at-goodison-park-everton-3-v-liverpool-ENHK4J.jpg
Another great find Joey !
Fantastic pic