Left Back.

Should Baines go Back in the line up instead of keeping Galloway?

• Yes.

Votes: 178 77.7%
  • No.

Votes: 42 18.3%
  • Cheese on Toast.

Votes: 9 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment and the rapid development of Galloway i would keep him in. Not sure any player regardless of who they are should walk straight back into the team. Galloway has been one of our better/most consistent performers in my eyes these last few weeks and deserves to keep his place.

That said with our record of injuries i'm sure both Baines and Galloway will be in the side when Baines gets back.

Baines is top class, he goes straight back in. Galloway has had top experience playing there and he'll be a fine centre back, but Baines wins you games by himself sometimes with ridiculous free kicks or crosses.

@steken1 wouldnt that do his confidence in a bit. He's done his job, he should stay there till Baines is as close to 100% as you can get without matches. Then take him out, keep giving him minutes at CH and LB in the cups and when we are winning.

@steken1 wouldnt that do his confidence in a bit. He's done his job, he should stay there till Baines is as close to 100% as you can get without matches. Then take him out, keep giving him minutes at CH and LB in the cups and when we are winning.

Not really. What I mean is he should keep playing while he's on form regardless of Baines fitness. Once his performance levels drop a bit take him out the firing line.

That way everyone wins and he knows he's got to be at his best to play.

Even though Galloway really is improving rapidly and playing great lately, Baines is one of the most important players for our squad and perhaps the best LB in whole league. We simply can't afford to put a player like that on the bench when he's fully fit.

It would be interesting if Martinez would take a punt on Baines in front of Galloway in a cup game (although they are becoming important now) like he did with Lennon at RB. It may well not work but its maybe worth 45 mins to see.

With players like Galloway you will be a good PL-team. With players like Baines you win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.