Match Thread Reading vs. Everton - Tuesday 22nd Sept - Capital One Cup Third Round - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
What formation did we play tonight lads?

I didn't see the game and can't figure it out from the lineup? 3 centre backs?

I'd draw it for you but I'm not really that good with the old Paint thing..

Well basically John Bobby-Moore Stones, The Jags and Fumes all lined up kind of in between where they normally might play and the regular player to their right or left.. Aaron filled in a Seamus shaped hole without the overlapping bits.. Delo was just in front of him in the McGeady role.. Ossie kind of wandered about aimlessly whilst Ross carried the whole team. The Kone was decent for 15 minutes which was about 15 more that Romelu who had the evening off..Macca was somewhere out there.

Bazza came on when we needed a goal to make sure we didn't go 2 down. Gallo replaced Bobby Moore who had to go off and see a Colombian Policeman about something. Robles occupied a space between the posts.

All things considered ....Played 8 Won 4 Drew 3 Lost 1(agst City)
Fairly safe start in the Prem & 4th round of the League Cup....not a bad start to the season.

Its the future I'm looking to not the past mate, even tonights game is history

yeah, thanks to two brilliant strikes (and dodgy goalkeeping)

gotta question what martinez was thinking with the way he set the team up. better side than reading and we'd have been in trouble

Do we really though mate ? It's not like we've a glorious history in the contest that Martinez is struggling to live up to or even that we're in a dire run of form .

I want us to win this , Something Or anything really but whilst we're winning games I'm good with that. Not to be an old arse but I honestly don't remember not being happy with wins back 'in the day' or even dissecting our 'luck' or 'underperfornimg ' .

We've won and are in the hat that'll do for me , plenty of occasions to moan ahead of us this year I'm sure .

Status
Not open for further replies.