Match Thread Reading vs. Everton - Tuesday 22nd Sept - Capital One Cup Third Round - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible journey, horrible town.

I would say horrible fans, but given the absolute racist scumbag sat about six rows behind me I don't feel I'm in any position to judge. I went today with my wife, whose parents are both Asian, and to hear "you're just a town full of P*kis" (and more) from one of our own fans was shameful. He was giving Al-habsi loads of racist abuse. Luckily my wife understands you can't judge a team based on one pallid gollem-looking neanderthal, but it reflects so badly on us.

(and as I know how these discussions go, yes I did tell him to wind it in [he didn't] and yes I will be emailing the club.)

Wait till the next time we are tanked in Goodison
It's conceivable that one two of our younger, more hot-headed GOT brethren might angrily voice some sneaking discontent, but the majority on here, I am positive, would continue to conduct themselves in mature and measured fashion. Watching this site develop, watching it become a haven for the sane and rational has been a joy to observe. We should all take great pride in the gentlemanly conduct that hallmarks this forum...Evertonians, aren't we.

Nils Satis Nisi Optimum

*gets coat*

Last edited:

I would say horrible fans, but given the absolute racist scumbag sat about six rows behind me I don't feel I'm in any position to judge. I went today with my wife, whose parents are both Asian, and to hear "you're just a town full of P*kis" (and more) from one of our own fans was shameful. He was giving Al-habsi loads of racist abuse. Luckily my wife understands you can't judge a team based on one pallid gollem-looking neanderthal, but it reflects so badly on us.

(and as I know how these discussions go, yes I did tell him to wind it in [he didn't] and yes I will be emailing the club.)
Shame that. A really poor reflection on what seemed an otherwise great crowd. The town's not bad as well, been here 6 months working and it's decent. Awful weather recently though. Hope this doesn't deter you and your wife from going to more games.

Shame that. A really poor reflection on what seemed an otherwise great crowd. The town's not bad as well, been here 6 months working and it's decent. Awful weather recently though. Hope this doesn't deter you and your wife from going to more games.

I worked in Reading a few years ago, it's a bit grim but I am being harsh. I lived in Sonning for a year and it was stunning.

I've never gone to an away before and we've never had a problem at Goodison. She's a tough old stick, it won't stop her going. I've got the last laugh anyway: I'm married to a fit Asian babe and that fella looked exactly like that picture of Paul Scholes' tackle hanging out, eg he looked exactly like Scholes' ballbag

Was reporting on the Leicester game tonight, but from what I saw, the first half we had loads of possession, but they defended well and we were crap in attack. Koné and Rom were useless up top, and our main creative outlet was Barkley, who was playing deeper - meaning that because of the forwards being so ineffective, Del was having to do a lot on his own and was getting doubled up on (still did one amazing run and cross that Kone somehow managed to miss).

When Barry came on Ross pushed forward and as a team we looked more comfortable. Barry kick-started our attacks and Ross and Del worked well together. Two great goals.

Also thought that Lennon did fine at RB. Very disciplined. Would have liked him to get forward a bit more but in fairness Del was doing the work on his own anyway.

I worked in Reading a few years ago, it's a bit grim but I am being harsh. I lived in Sonning for a year and it was stunning.

I've never gone to an away before and we've never had a problem at Goodison. She's a tough old stick, it won't stop her going. I've got the last laugh anyway: I'm married to a fit Asian babe and that fella looked exactly like that picture of Paul Scholes' tackle hanging out, eg he looked exactly like Scholes' ballbag

At times like that, there should be an application on your mobile where you can identify racist supporters to get them banned.

Skills mate on the fit Asian bird!

I would say keep it up but it would probably be deemed childish and sexist!!!

It's conceivable that one two of our younger, more hot-headed GOT brethren might angrily voice some sneaking discontent, but the majority on here, I am positive, would continue to conduct themselves in mature and measured fashion. Watching this site develop, watching it become a haven for the sane and rational has been a joy to observe. We should all take great pride in the gentlemanly conduct that hallmarks this forum...Evertonians, aren't we.

Nils Satis Nisi Optimum

*gets coat*

Avoid the transfer rumour thread at all costs in January

At times like that, there should be an application on your mobile where you can identify racist supporters to get them banned.

Skills mate on the fit Asian bird!

I would say keep it up but it would probably be deemed childish and sexist!!!

It would be a shame if Paul Scholes' undercarriage was unfairly banned due to the actions of its doppelganger.

It's a real shame that some people use football to vent their hatred, both at the game and on internet websites, while at the same time ruining the experience for others. Hope your family were't too badly affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.