Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else a tad curious as to what Martinez has planned with Lennon? Gives me the impression that he's looking at moving certain players around/trying a new system.

Glad to see Aaron back ,from day one he put the majority of the squads work rate to shame and pulled performances from players around him. Needed him last Saturday when the pressure on the ball was non existent. Straight in for me against Chelsea.

Poor window. I don't agree with everyone's obsession with a number 10, I think the creativity needs to come from further back in the central midfield positions. Unfortunately we are stuck with the very average Barry and McCarthy partnership that never creates anything.
I think the belief was that if we bought a No 10 Barkley would play deeper. By not buying a No 10 Martinez has effectively signaled that he isn't going to break up Barry and McCarthy.

He guess he might on occasion play Kone or Naismith as the 2nd striker but both aren't good enough.

Craps maybe a bit harsh but the squad is indeed bulked out with players no genuine top 4/6 contender would go near.

Dead wood in the Squad includes pienaar, Gibson, MacGeady, and hibbert. All of these, possibly Osman too, will struggle to make more than a few appearances this season if any. None should make an appearance but for severe injuries. We go with what we had ...

Status
Not open for further replies.