Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have taken Lamela on loan with the option to buy. Not because it makes any football sense to do so based on what he's done at Spurs, but because Spurs is footballing death for most young players and you don't know if he's just been squashed there and could do well at another club.

On a permanent straight off though, God no.
I cant agree, Sorry mate. Have you not seen Paulinho.Soldardo....heck i can go on.....walker...or that welsh lad.....adebayor ??

Stop the griping . We've got new players including a Spanish wizard for a pittance . AND we kept John Stones despite the best efforts of the papers , talksport and " expert " footie pundits . Sniff it Chelsea

Oh...Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
Let us sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here agaiiiiiiiiiinnnn :dance:

All together now .......

Poor window. I don't agree with everyone's obsession with a number 10, I think the creativity needs to come from further back in the central midfield positions. Unfortunately we are stuck with the very average Barry and McCarthy partnership that never creates anything.

....it was RM that suggested a no10 was priority.

It sort of does by Martinez own admission. "It's clear the areas we need to......"

It doesn't mean we think we will struggle to stay in the league but we won't fulfil our potential either. It's just a missed opportunity.
Yes, i'm dissapointed, so will Martinez be, but it's not the end of the world, we've got a great squad!

I think the window has been good. Not great but certainly not one to fume over.
We picked up some promising players and in Del and Cleverley a couple of useful 1st teamers.
I wish we had added the dazzling playmaker but if it wasn't to be so be it.

My biggest worry is whether Martinez is too loyal to his players. I am happy we kept Stones as long as he remains comitted to the cause. No one outside of the club will know the true extent of the fallout from the media driven campaign to get him to Chelsea.
Also rejecting 8m for Naismith. I like Steven, and he has scored a few important goals for us, but at times he slows play up and he isn't getting any younger. From a business sense that deal looked hard to turn down. But we did, and he appears to be a very likeable bloke to have around the club.

With the arrival of Lennon I have no idea where McGeady fits in. He has been a disaster sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.