Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still amazed we rejected 8 mill for naismith. If we go by that, we would of rejected 120 million for stones.

Bad business. We will never make that on him. Doubt he will give us goals and performances which add up to 8 mill as well.

Head is everywhere.

I've not said he's useless at all.

Martinez is prepared to take gambles with his transfers, it came off with McCarthy, Lukaku and Barry a few years ago. This year it didn't and we're left scratching round.

Somehow win some you lose, but it's Martinez's call and not the boards fault like you implied.
By that logic it's not one season. Remember the fool's errand of putting all our eggs in the Nolito basket last season. I see no one signed Cheryshev. He was available for 15m. Good player and good age who creates plenty of chances. Why didn't we take him.

But we've known the Yarmolenko deal was unlikely for some time now. To not have a list of credible alternates with days left, or to miss out on every single one, suggests something has gone badly wrong.

It is certainly difficult to explain away.

Yeah I'd get that if the primary target was extremely likely, then you turn to others and the boat has sailed.

But we've known the Yarmolenko deal was unlikely for some time now. To not have a list of credible alternates with days left, or to miss out on every single one, suggests something has gone badly wrong.

But say we did, and the chain starts over. Say we wanted Bernard, but they wanted a replacement and there deal fell through.

Like I said, the only people who know are the ones either side of the phones. Other than that we are guessing and trying to piece a jigsaw together with parts missing, it's all guess work

It is certainly difficult to explain away.

You know what the irritating thing is though? The squad is actually extremely talented, and the window has made it moreso; the balance, however, is poor.

We just needed one decent player in one role to fill in the last gap needed to, in my opinion, have a real go at the top six and beyond.

funny-gif-cat-cup-fail.gif

By that logic it's not one season. Remember the fool's errand of putting all our eggs in the Nolito basket last season. I see no one signed Cheryshev. He was available for 15m. Good player and good age who creates plenty of chances. Why didn't we take him.

Just because you rate him and he's good on FM or something doesn't mean Martinez does or he's available you know.

He's very much like Mirallas though (but slower). He's nothing like a Carzola, Silva, Mata, etc a proper creative door unlocker.

And I'm not sold on Shaqiri when I've seen him. And neither were the majority of teams apart from Stoke in European football.
Shaqiri is very fast over a short distance which is a big advantage in tight spaces. Mirallas is better when the game is more open or we play on the counter attack.

I agree he's not like Carzola, Silva, Mata but he is still useful when teams are defending deep and in numbers.

Plus 12m? He's a bloody good player at a good age for that price.

Yeah I'd get that if the primary target was extremely likely, then you turn to others and the boat has sailed.

Fake bid..

Status
Not open for further replies.