John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Stones isn't that "good" at the moment why do the league champions with the best defensive record from last year think that by paying £30m+ they'll improve their squad next season?

Why are they not just buying one of these cheaper, better, alternatives you think is out there for the next 3 years?

because they are investing in a top player ala united with rooney, city with sterling etc

They can buy a short term replacement yeah, and stones will then cost more in the future. Spend pretty big now and get him at the club and then when stones becomes the player everyone thinks he will become, and his value skyrockets more, then you already own him.

Remember Rooney wasn't exactly world class when he left us, but united still fronted the money because they knew he would be in the future

Jons a lovely fella and if he goes, he'll go with my blessing. If we can get 34 million for him it's good business for us. What he cost us- what he's sold for = healthy return. This is us now unfortunatly. Cant believe any of you think we'd have a chance of keeping hold of any prospects with the crazy numbers the richer clubs are throwing around. Appears to me were small fry these days. I guess money ..maketh a club now. Just pleased I have seen the light and cancelled sky in the house including sky sports. Couldnt stand to see our great club become nothing but a chuckle for the tylers of the world. Made me red with rage just listening to him.

34 million is not good business for a future England captain! Rio Ferdinand went for just less than that over a decade ago have you not heard of inflation - If Sterling is 49 million then Stones is between 50 and 60 million!

Last edited:
No, Your not getting my point, It's not my opinion mate :) I was chatting from the clubs perspective...

* actually after re-reading what I put I can see why you thought that.

Tim Howard has been a steady keeper for us - Phil Neville had one good season never Captain material imo - Gibson a crock - can you read my post its in there?

yes but gibson wasnt a crock when he came to us. Howard has been a top keeper for us, considering the price tag we paid for him. People may think he needs replacing now but at least he has been solid, or are you forgetting wright, simosen, gerrard that came before him? Neville was a good captain, believe me. Behind the scenes he was the one who was kicking arse in the dressing room when we were doing badly. He was a winner, more than anyone else in the squad so even though we wasnt the best player on the pitch he was still great as a captain for the team. I have heard many stories of this back when he was here, so not speculating on that. Saha scored some goals for us, although i didnt like the facvt that he was our main striker. But he still scored goals, and only when he completely ran out of power did we let him go, 6 months too late perhaps but still.

And when you consider how much we actually paid for these players, they were practically given to us on the basis of goodwill.

I think he's going to leave nothing from the club even with all these stories from Chelsea players and manger as mourihno said I'd we come out and say he's not going at any price they will stop but we havnt even done that so in me eyes and a lot of blues av talked to its going to happen at around £32 million, am just worried it could be the start of a few of our better players leaving, stones mccarthy mirallas lukaku and Barkley will be thinking what's happening here everyime we look like we have got a squad together to compete we sell our main players its [Poor language removed] bull [Poor language removed]

The Mourinho comments pissed me off but you kind of expect them. Have to take everything that he says with a pinch of salt.

Those Cahill comments are beyond the pale though... speaking as if he's already signed for the club. If I was Everton, I would actually refuse to do business with Chelsea again full stop... buying or selling.

This has gotten so farcical that IF we HAD to sell Stones I would actually prefer to see him joining the RS than that crowd of classless mercs.

yes but gibson wasnt a crock when he came to us. Howard has been a top keeper for us, considering the price tag we paid for him. People may think he needs replacing now but at least he has been solid, or are you forgetting wright, simosen, gerrard that came before him? Neville was a good captain, believe me. Behind the scenes he was the one who was kicking arse in the dressing room when we were doing badly. He was a winner, more than anyone else in the squad so even though we wasnt the best player on the pitch he was still great as a captain for the team. I have heard many stories of this back when he was here, so not speculating on that. Saha scored some goals for us, although i didnt like the facvt that he was our main striker. But he still scored goals, and only when he completely ran out of power did we let him go, 6 months too late perhaps but still.

And when you consider how much we actually paid for these players, they were practically given to us on the basis of goodwill.

Gibson was a crock, thats why he was stuck in Uniteds reserves.

because they are investing in a top player ala united with rooney, city with sterling etc

They can buy a short term replacement yeah, and stones will then cost more in the future. Spend pretty big now and get him at the club and then when stones becomes the player everyone thinks he will become, and his value skyrockets more, then you already own him.

Remember Rooney wasn't exactly world class when he left us, but united still fronted the money because they knew he would be in the future

I'd be very interested to hear who you think are better central defenders than John Stones that don't already play for Chelsea.

34 million is not good business for a future England captain! Rio Ferdinand went for just less than that over a decade ago have you not heard of inflation - If sterling is 49 million the Stones is between 50 and 60 million!

Agree mate

Funny thing is this could end up being a massive positive for us, IF we stand firm and turn down bid after bid, up to say 40m and keep saying no and Chelsea back of then we will have actually set a precedent that we can keep hold of our best players, did it with Baines and by and large it killed all the jarg red top stories linking all our players with moves for a couple of years. IF we sell then we become/continue to be the team that will be the red top favourite page filler linking everyone at the club worthwhile with moves for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.