Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will sign no one for more than £5m, we have not got anymore same old thing every year unless we sell. We should be all over Ziyech, but we wont the lad is a star in the making... Kenwright out.
I agree that we are financially hamstrung. The burst in TV money has been absorbed by increased player/staff wages and reversing losses from previous years. Revenue growth from 'traditional' sources is pretty static and I cannot see this changing without a decade of stellar performances (lifting global profile, merchandising etc). But such concerted, consistent stellar performance is unlikely without money. It's the old vicious circle/catch 22 situation. FFP has altered the impact of a sugar daddy new owner, although obviously if one was to stump up with investment to improve commercial revenue then that would catalyse breaking the catch 22 situation referred to earlier. Personally, I think the likelihood of some white knight riding in is so remote as to be discounted totally.
In short, we are a mature business and thus very vulnerable to the SKY money spigots being turned down. Fortunately, for the next 4 years at least, this won't happen. But that money is available to all PL clubs, so doesn't provide a competitive advantage.
In short, the present status quo won't be changing for the foreseeable future and in fact, looking beyond 4 years, without prudent financial management, Everton (and many other PL clubs) could be quite vulnerable.

Last edited:
We must think differently to martinez though, He seems to have a similar wishlist to Moyes if you think about it. Has to have a great engine and Must not upset the other boys in the changing room....."GROUP HUG". Baffles me at times that. Surely in every walk of life you have to have a knob head, A bellend, A liar, A boaster, The Bully, The toff and a wiff. We have a team of cleancut yes men. We need some nasties in there. Make em Terrified to loose a match in case they get rolled up wet towelled.

I agree that we are financially hamstrung. The burst in TV money has been absorbed by increased player wages and reversing losses from previous years. Revenue growth from 'traditional' sources is pretty static and I cannot see this changing without a decade of stellar performances (lifting global profile, merchandising etc). But such concerted, consistent stellar performance is unlikely without money. It's the old vicious circle/catch 22 situation. FFP has altered the impact of a sugar daddy new owner, although obviously if one was to stump up with investment to improve commercial revenue then that would catalyse breaking the catch 22 situation referred to earlier. Personally, I think the likelihood of some white knight riding in is so remote as to be discounted totally.
In short, we are a mature business and thus very vulnerable to the SKY money spigots being turned down. Fortunately, for the next 4 years at least, this won't happen. But that money is available to all PL clubs, so doesn't provide a competitive advantage.
In short, the present status quo won't be changing for the foreseeable future and in fact, looking beyond 4 years, without prudent financial management, Everton (and many other PL clubs) could be quite vulnerable.
Whenever I see your posts, I dont know why but my mind reads them with a C3PO voice ? Not a bad thing at all....love gold robots me !!!....just really odd.

Shaqiri has accepted a move to Schalke, according to twitter-noise. Gimp not fit 2 wear da shirt if true.
That was always the most likely destination for him once they became interested. It's a shame but I wasn't holding out much hope.

After all he rejected Liverpool because he didn't want to play in the Premiership last January. At least Stoke didn't sign him.

Im not usually someone who looks at highlights on youtube for a prospective signings, however...

I've just watched that Sergi Roberto and I do think he is exactly the type of player he was talking about as his "number 10" target he mentioned in that interview with the fans forums.

Someone who can go pick up the ball in the Barry/McCarthy positions, carry the ball, distribute creatively...

I do think though that he plays a lot like Cleverley...albeit Cleverley in a more functional, english way.

I think he's our new number 10, and perhaps Martinez didnt think he could get him (didnt cleverley say in the press that he was happy at Villa) and therefore mentioned looking abroad.

I just dont see how another central midfielder is going to be brought in with us already having:

Gibson
Barry
Cleverley
Besic
Barkley
McCarthy
Naismith (played there against villa away last season)
Osman

... all vying for 2, maybe 3 spots if the "wide midfielder" on the left is occupied rather than by Pienaar, McGeady, Deulofeu or Oviedo.

I think a CB and that'll be all folks.

Which is worrying.
That's what I think happened too. We were in for him, even possibly agreeing with the player especially since he wanted to move and Enrique has said no.

Its only early in the window but it's plain to see we can't and won't compete with the West Hams, Newcastles etc... I expect more mediocrity this season
We have a far better team than them already. While we might have missed out on our top 2 positions that we were targeting since we probably already knew Deulofeu and Cleverly were coming it doesn't mean the end of the world.

The squad is stronger than last year and still very strong generally.

We put in an offer for Ogbonna.

It's absolutely certain that we also tried for Dann, Payet and I've thrown in a fourth because why the hell not
I think we bid for Shaqiri. We were probably at the start of the season also in for Roberto.

Reactions: Jxg

Status
Not open for further replies.