Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.jpg
As much as I'd love him in Everton blue I think he's too old. Kiessling however would do me as Lukaku's backup

Few reports tonight saying basically we don't have a pit to piss in .. And unless players are sold it'll be only a loan or two . ... Any one believe this ? Teams are out spending us .

without sounding like victor meldrew but i don't believe this. of course we have money ffs, we've only spent £4m. may be a case that ideally we need to offload a couple to get them off the wages.

Few reports tonight saying basically we don't have a pit to piss in .. And unless players are sold it'll be only a loan or two . ... Any one believe this ? Teams are out spending us .
Same old same old.

Though im trying to hold of my fume til the transfer window actually shuts. If we havent spent significantly or brought in the players needed while most clubs are spunking 30+mil, then my fume shall be unleashed

So Martinez says eel be waiting till the end of the window expect two new players to come in,,
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/everton-expect-deals-mart-nez-181524814.html

Doesn't sound too hopeful does he! It could be that all those he wanted (other than Clev and Del) have gone elsewhere (like Ogbonna) or are simply not available at a price we can afford. I would love to see a couple of big names like most fans, but would rather we brought through youngsters than went for quick fixes.

Im not usually someone who looks at highlights on youtube for a prospective signings, however...

I've just watched that Sergi Roberto and I do think he is exactly the type of player he was talking about as his "number 10" target he mentioned in that interview with the fans forums.

Someone who can go pick up the ball in the Barry/McCarthy positions, carry the ball, distribute creatively...

I do think though that he plays a lot like Cleverley...albeit Cleverley in a more functional, english way.

I think he's our new number 10, and perhaps Martinez didnt think he could get him (didnt cleverley say in the press that he was happy at Villa) and therefore mentioned looking abroad.

I just dont see how another central midfielder is going to be brought in with us already having:

Gibson
Barry
Cleverley
Besic
Barkley
McCarthy
Naismith (played there against villa away last season)
Osman

... all vying for 2, maybe 3 spots if the "wide midfielder" on the left is occupied rather than by Pienaar, McGeady, Deulofeu or Oviedo.

I think a CB and that'll be all folks.

Which is worrying.

Doesn't sound too hopeful does he! It could be that all those he wanted (other than Clev and Del) have gone elsewhere (like Ogbonna) or are simply not available at a price we can afford. I would love to see a couple of big names like most fans, but would rather we brought through youngsters than went for quick fixes.
We cant keep thinking about a few years ahead that the youngster will be ready, by then most our stars will want to leave.

We do need a couple of players who are ready to go not ready for 2 or 3 years down the line

Status
Not open for further replies.