Winning the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately while I think our first team assuming Deulofeu signs if at their peak might have a chance however the older players like Baines and Jags will deteriorate too much before the younger ones reach that level. I also think if the younger players make the progress they will get poached.

The stars and planets would have to align to give us any chance.

That said. A Madrid beat Barcelona and Real Madrid to the title and Greece won the Euros. There's nothing wrong with a bit of hope but personally I'm not expecting anything of this season and I just want us to play with a bit more confidence and freedom and then see where we end up.

Bugger 3 years next season we will win the league, either that or your right in 3 years we will win the league, just not the premiership.

sideways-glance.gif

A midfield 3 of McCarthy Cleverly & Barkley would not be good enough to win the league, need a Matic type player in amongst them

I always say we can win the league - who in late 1983 thought we'd be league champions 18 months later? No one at all.

*puts sensible hat on...

I think we're at least 20 years away from being capable of winning the league. Realistically, we need a massive investment - not necessarily a Man City style buyout, but a whopping and sustained cash injection to get back to the very very top.

But, as per first sentence, anything is possible.

In 3 seasons time those players will have an average age of 25 and played together for at least 3 seasons on the spin.

Surely the addition of 3 top players to the group as well as some squad additions puts us with a very strong side?

Baines and Jags in 3 years will have made way for Garbutt and Galloway all going to plan as well.

Unfortunately while I think our first team assuming Deulofeu signs if at their peak might have a chance however the older players like Baines and Jags will deteriorate too much before the younger ones reach that level. I also think if the younger players make the progress they will get poached.

The stars and planets would have to align to give us any chance.

That said. A Madrid beat Barcelona and Real Madrid to the title and Greece won the Euros. There's nothing wrong with a bit of hope but personally I'm not expecting anything of this season and I just want us to play with a bit more confidence and freedom and then see where we end up.

3 central positions

DM -- McCarthy/Besic
CM-- Barkley/ Cleverley
AM -- Need a playmaker

I'd go the opposite to you and say the DM position is covered but a playmaker is needed as thats the main thing we lack now.

A midfield 3 of McCarthy Cleverly & Barkley would not be good enough to win the league, need a Matic type player in amongst them

I always say we can win the league - who in late 1983 thought we'd be league champions 18 months later? No one at all.

*puts sensible hat on...

I think we're at least 20 years away from being capable of winning the league. Realistically, we need a massive investment - not necessarily a Man City style buyout, but a whopping and sustained cash injection to get back to the very very top.

If Bobby hasn't won us the League within 20 years then Bill (or Bill''s pickled head in a jar controlling us from beyond the grave) should really start to think about getting someone else in. I know we like to stand by out Managers but my patience would be starting to wear thin at that point

In 3 seasons time those players will have an average age of 25 and played together for at least 3 seasons on the spin.

Surely the addition of 3 top players to the group as well as some squad additions puts us with a very strong side?

Baines and Jags in 3 years will have made way for Garbutt and Galloway all going to plan as well.
Will be a strong side if all goes to plan but it still won't come close to what the UTD's, chelseas and citys can put out .

With the money now available we should be in a strong position to keep players and also FFP prevents teams from spending based on their owners.

Based on this and the next 3 summers if we added 2 players to that group every year of a similar or higher quality then on paper i dont see any team in Europe with more potential.

Maybe we wouldnt win the league but we'd surely be up there in the top 4...

*puts sensible hat on...

Status
Not open for further replies.