Winning the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
I'm becoming very positive about the way were moving forward under Martinez. Last year was an eye opener but mainly because of several players proving that theyre not good enough and Martinez now knowing who/what he needs moving forward (as shown by the Lennon loan).

I would say he's 2 seasons into a 5 season plan to get us into the top 4 consistently and possibly even challenging for the title. He constantly talks about our 'core' of young players and if (and its a big if) we manage to sign up Garbutt and Deulofeu in the next two weeks we will go into July with this core for the next 3 years of his 5 year plan:

4-3-3
GK-- ?
LB -- Garbutt 22
CB -- Galloway 19
CB -- Stones 21
RB -- Coleman 26
DM --McCarthy 24 / Besic 22
CM-- Barkley 21 / Cleverley 25
AM -- ?
LW -- ?
CF -- Lukaku 22
RW -- Deulofeu 21

EDIT - avg age 22.3.

Obviously it's also a squad game but if we can bring through players like Ledson whilst recycling other players out (McGeady/Mirallas/Howard etc) then adding in some quality to fit into this core of 19-26 year old players then we will be some side.

If we can add in the necessary quality to this core group over the next three summers, just how far could this team go?

For me, if we could fill those 3 positions which are empty at the moment and sign Garbutt and Deulofeu up we look very strong... i dont know any other club with a young core as good as this.

Surely this is our chance with Martinez to mould the side into a top 4 club and also challenge for the title...i'd say 3 years for this side to be challenging if two players are added to this core every summer.

What do others think?

Last edited:
Important also to note
Distin / alcaraz gone

One season left
Osman
Hibbert
Gibson
Kone
Pienaar

Thats a lot of space free for wages and a few players needed to boost squad numbers.

I'm becoming very positive about the way were moving forward under Martinez. Last year was an eye opener but mainly because of several players proving that theyre not good enough and Martinez now knowing who/what he needs moving forward (as shown by the Lennon loan).

I would say he's 2 seasons into a 5 season plan to get us into the top 4 consistently and possibly even challenging for the title. He constantly talks about our 'core' of young players and if (and its a big if) we manage to sign up Garbutt and Deulofeu in the next two weeks we will go into July with this core for the next 3 years of his 5 year plan:

4-3-3
GK-- ?
LB -- Garbutt 22
CB -- Galloway 19
CB -- Stones 21
RB -- Coleman 26
DM --McCarthy 24 / Besic 22
CM-- Barkley 21 / Cleverley 25
AM -- ?
LW -- ?
CF -- Lukaku 22
RW -- Deulofeu 21

EDIT - avg age 22.3.

Obviously it's also a squad game but if we can bring through players like Ledson whilst recycling other players out (McGeady/Mirallas/Howard etc) then adding in some quality to fit into this core of 19-26 year old players then we will be some side.

If we can add in the necessary quality to this core group over the next three summers, just how far could this team go?

For me, if we could fill those 3 positions which are empty at the moment and sign Garbutt and Deulofeu up we look very strong... i dont know any other club with a young core as good as this.

Surely this is our chance with Martinez to mould the side into a top 4 club and also challenge for the title...i'd say 3 years for this side to be challenging if two players are added to this core every summer.

What do others think?

I think you're 'kin dreaming even walter white couldn't make up sh*t as pure as this.
Plus; in your wonder team to sweep all before it, you can only name 7.

Include me out

What do others think?

gif_312x230_c199b7.gif

We wouldn't win the league with Jose Mourinhio in charge of us. We'v absolutely NO chance with Roberto Martinez.

If he can manage to bring in Bale, Czech, Thiago silva, Matic, iniesta and Ronaldo or messi we MAY have a chance....Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.