Should we stop spending...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we only spend on one player this summer it should really be a wide-right midfielder, after Moyes signing Davies & VDM for that position perhaps it's a case of 3rd time lucky!

i think we should do all we can to sign defour. he an fellaini wer good friends at standard an they would be exellent for each other. defour is a class footballer an just wat we need. joe ledley is a decent championship player but we should now be after better than him in order to take us to the nxt level. i would rather spend 12mil on defour than 6mil+ on ledley

never wait strike while the irons hot so to speak who says in jan' hed come anyway moysie spend it all bud while you can !!!!!!!!!

Havent had mine yet!! Can smell the bacon, my missus is making the kids before mine, so I have to wait while she makes 2 bacon buttys and then a sausage 1, then I finally get mine! FUMING!

Im allowing that, for now. Hopefully we can get the lid at Finch Farm ASAP and tie him down to a big fat 5 year contract.

Im sure the vultures are circling.

Kid's (if you've got one) or kids' (if you've got more than one)

I dont do apostrophes. Sorry, I just dont like them.

And it was meant in the plural context.
I'm assuming you meant the kids' breakfasts then.

I don't like picking people up over insignificant grammatical mistakes as it's dead meltish (and I make more than my fair share of them), especially before a man's had his breakfast. It's just that everyone else seems to do it on here, and I need to feel as if I belong.

No problem mate. Its all good in the hood homes.

You keep picking away, my English is a joke. Whenever ive got forms to fill out or letters to write, I get my missus to handle shizzle.

No problem mate. Its all good in the hood homes.

You keep picking away, my English is a joke. Whenever ive got forms to fill out or letters to write, I get my missus to handle shizzle.
No honestly, I usually cringe when other people do it. One thing is if it's completely unintelligible (like a Benitez interview) another thing is if it's a misplaced comma or a slight spelling mistake.

Actually, now that I come to think of it, apostrophes are a bit snidey, arent they?

Yes. I mean what are they? Just little things that you tag on the end of letters. Its not like they are important or anything, commas and fullstops allow you to breathe, but apostrophes just make words longer. I say we abolish them.

No honestly, I usually cringe when other people do it. One thing is if it's completely unintelligible (like a Benitez interview) another thing is if it's a misplaced comma or a slight spelling mistake.

Actually, now that I come to think of it, apostrophes are a bit snidey, arent they?

proper snide that apostrophe the gaul

No.

If we sign Naughton we should try and hammer out the rest of the squad asap and not wait until January for a couple of reasons.

1. If they come in now we have a full squad for the whole season when the majority of the european games are. We have Fellaini, Jo and (sticking with him signing) Naughton who would be available for the Europa this year. They weren't available last time and would be first team quality, unlike VdM, Nuno and Castillo who hardly figured. Gosling and Rodders should also feature more.
2. The players will have time to mesh together, if they come in in January most players will take a while before adapting to our type of play. True to some extent in the very short term but we are talking about adding 1 player to an established team not 4-5 bedding in at once. He also would have Fella who he's played alongside.
3. Most players are more expensive in January since the clubs have a shorter time to find replacements if a player is sold. Covered this one already twice, agree the fee now.
4. We can now guarantee european competition as an attraction. If we wait, there is the slight possibility that we didn't reach the groupstage (or loosing the first groupgames) and then we won't be able to offer attractive european competition for our new players. Again original post was agree the deal now even if he stays at Standard until January. Also look at the standard of the other players we are being linked with, they'll be happy just to be in the Prem.

5. We can then spend the january window to chase any eventual player we need to cover injuries and so on, instead of having to chase different types of players just to get our numbers up. Erm...again if the deal was set up now it would have absolutely no more impact on our January dealings than spending the cash now on Ledley, O'Neil or fookin Hunt

To me most of the arguements against the idea seem pretty short sighted. If I had to choose between making do with Gosling, Osman or moving Mikkey to the right flank until Jan with Defour guaranteed to arrive in that window I'd take that option anyday over getting 2-3 squad fillers.

Its funny that we're readt to send up to 30M to the team that knocked us out of the Europa Cup for 2 of their best players. Using this logic, I'm praying that Motherwell doesn't knock us out of qualifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.