• Everton

Votes: 117 60.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 43 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We very nearly didn't win so they get no credit from me today. People say that QPR only had 1 shot on target..... but then, 2 that hit the woodwork: that's basically 3 shots on target then, bar an inch or two, whereas we had..... 3 shots on target. The main reason i'm not impressed with the 3 points is all the conceded possession that, against a better (or luckier) team would have resulted in us dropping at least 2 of those points. So it was a win by luck as much as anything else. It wouldn't even have mattered if we hadn't lost so many points earlier in the season from sloppy play. I accept that some of this will be down to tiredness after Thursday, and some down to nerves... hopefully another 4 points or so asap and then maybe we can start to relax and Martinez can experiment for the last few games. Southampton will be a really tough one, but a win in that one would be a massive morale booster.

don't forget taarabt's shot that went just an inch wide, that's nearly 4 shots on target! we were lucky not to lose 4-2 tbh.

Why not count every shot as on target if you're gonna count the crossbar? A chance that goes 10 yards over or 1 yard over have hte same result, off-target.

Hitting the post and going over is the exact same as going over.

it was a terrible performance in a match we were lucky to win
i didn't enjoy watching it at all
BUT
we are now pretty much safe- so can focus on performance, players, style, with the only pressure being the expectation of improved performances and progression.
i know its for nought now that out of europa league, but to win after a midweek thrashing in ukraine- that's impressive- for any team, regardless of performance.

Now international break. Let the likes of lukaku, kone, gibson, etc recover. Come back and let's start seeing the likes of Garbutt, Browning, Ledson.

Interesting we have basically played a 4/4/2 in the last 2 league games and won them both(allowing for quality of oppo) . Surely martinez must take on board we don't need Barry or 2 holding midfield players against poorer opposition.

Why not count every shot as on target if you're gonna count the crossbar? A chance that goes 10 yards over or 1 yard over have hte same result, off-target.

Hitting the post and going over is the exact same as going over.

Yes, but a chance that hits the woodwork, i.e. is an inch or two off target, is not only very nearly a shot on target but also most likely very nearly a goal. Just as a shot that hits the woodwork and goes in is very nearly a miss, especially one from long range where it's less likely to be deliberate. I'm not trying to be pedantic, or even negative, i'm just trying to point out that this was a poor performance, particularly in terms of possession conceded, that we happened to win by the skin of our teeth. I will always credit the team when they play really well, even if they lose.

Interesting we have basically played a 4/4/2 in the last 2 league games and won them both(allowing for quality of oppo) . Surely martinez must take on board we don't need Barry or 2 holding midfield players against poorer opposition.

We had hte exact same central midfield with two deep McCarthy and Gibson. Gibson is just much more positive on the ball.

We would have only got back home from the ukraine early hours friday and would have travelled to london on saturday, not alot of preperation time. A win is a win.

I am one of the people who feel RM is not up to managing Everton Football Club. I have been critical of his dogmatic sticking to a system that was failing. He deserves credit for Newcastle and QPR today and I say well done and I am happy with back to back wins.
This is progress, if he improves match on match then he may well earn another season. If he puts Barry back in the team and we go backwards then he should be replaced

Been out since late afternoon and got about 30 minutes ago, just seen the result. Irrespective of the various issues under discussion, 3 points are very welcome.

WE CAN'T BE HAPPY WITH THE WIN LADS WE MUST BE MOODY AND SLATE THE CATALAN CLOWN AT ALL TIMES!!

YOU MIGHT BE JUST HAPPY WITH A WIN LAD, I PREFER TO LOOK AT THE SEASON AS A WHOLE AND HAVE THE OPINION WE SHOULD BE DOING MUCH BETTER! Can I stop shouting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.