Player Ratings: Dinamo Kyiv 5-2 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Naismith, but if he can't play in the middle of the field (as a 2nd striker/Barkley's role) he can't play anymore. Osman, Oviedo- even Mirallas- better options on the left. I woyuld use Naisy in a three man rotation with Rom and Barkley in the two Center forwardy spots with the split being Rom 80%, Barkley 80%, and Nais 40% with Kone only seeing the field if someone is hurt.

Think that is a little bit biased on the Howard-hate, he didn't do any major faults yesterday. Of course, it's never good to concede 5 goals, but I feel a 5 in rating is acceptable, if it's out of 10 that is.

He could have done a lot better for most of the goals. He doesn't even dive at the first one, if he dives he has a chance.

He deserves a minus 15 and a free passage to the MLS.

Howard - 4, good save at 1-1 but apart from that he didn't cover himself in glory

Coleman - 6, difficult game for him trying to be the right-sided centre half as well as a full back
Alcaraz - 1, almost as bad as Neville vs. Wigan
Jagielka - 6, not actually too bad, got a goal from a corner (rare for us) but made several mistakes at the back
Baines - 5, few nice bits going forward but part of a poor backline

McCarthy - 5, strangely anonymous
Barry - 4, poor, again, a few nice touches on the edge of their box but mostly dire

Atsu - 4, again, a few times looked like doing something but bar one good shot (well saved), he was poor
Barkley - 7, confidence looks shaky but looked most likely to create and two cracking shots that would have saved the tie if not for an inch or two
Naismith - 6, worked hard as always, not his fault he's some sort of introverted winger at the moment, but never got going and didn't cover his full-back

Lukaku - 8, I don't know what more we can ask of him, cracking goal, held the ball up well, looked a threat, never got the ball where he needed it.

Being very generous to Coleman there and making excuses for him. He was 3 at the most. He hasn't been worthy of a place recently.

I like Naismith, but if he can't play in the middle of the field (as a 2nd striker/Barkley's role) he can't play anymore. Osman, Oviedo- even Mirallas- better options on the left. I woyuld use Naisy in a three man rotation with Rom and Barkley in the two Center forwardy spots with the split being Rom 80%, Barkley 80%, and Nais 40% with Kone only seeing the field if someone is hurt.
Naismith just runs round full pelt then when the batteries wear out he falls over

Going off his own very high standards I'd struggle to give McCarthy any more than a three purely because if somebody said today that he never actually played I would probably believe them.

As for Naismith winding people up it's spot on. He gets involved in everything no matter how utterly pointless it is, loves a quick finger to the face of the opposition. He's deffo the kind that cant finish a game of Monopoly somebody owns one of the train stations he needs and he'd rather spend an hour arguing about why you should give him it.

Have we got a goalkeeping coach? If we have he needs to start telling Howard not to be 15 yards off his line when the opposition are attacking, everytime someone shoots from distance I can't believe how far off his line he is.

Howard - 4. Doesn't inspire confidence and barely saves shots unless they are straight at him
Coleman - 4. Is he turning into the next Matt Jackson?
Jags 6 - The best of the defenders
Alcaraz - 3. Slow, terrible positioning, and culpable for at least 2 goals
Baines 4 - Doesn't look fully fit. Plus, maybe time for Garbett to take over

Barry - 4. Jesus. I know why he was included, but not tracking their runner for the 4th was criminal. Time is up
McCarthy - too often overwhelmed by Barry's uselessness

Naismith - 6. Didn't do too bad but wasn't the spark we needs
Barkley - 7. If he started the season playing like he has the last couple of games, we'd in better shape now
Atsu 5- Better since he came back from ACON, but didn't do anything last night

Lukaku - 8. Did everything he could. Let's hope he takes his frustration out on QPR

Howard - 4
Coleman - 4
Alcaraz - 2
Jagielka - 5
Baines - 4
Naismith - 4
Atsu - 4
Barry - 4
McCarthy - 4
Barkley - 6
Lukaku - 6
Osman - 5
Kone - 4

The midfield and defence totally let us down last night.

Although we didn't cover ourselves in glory, we still scored twice and that really should hVe been enough to send us through.

Additionally, I thought Barkley was unlucky hitting the post twice, plus Naismith had a decent chance in the first half and we also could have had a penalty in the second half.

So even though we were awful, we still potentially could have gone through if our defence was better.

To me, it looked like they were going to score every time they attacked!!

Jagielka was directly at fault for two of there goals yet people saying he played well. He is lucky Alxaraz is there to get all the blame. Same goes for McCarthy and Barry. Both been [Poor language removed] all season but Barry gets all blame

Status
Not open for further replies.