Player Ratings: Dinamo Kyiv 5-2 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number_25

Player Valuation: £50m
Following the fate of all other British teams in Europe, Everton crashed out of Europe in abominable fashion against Ukraine's leading club as they were trounced 5 goals to 2 by Dyanmo Kyiv.

RpEss5p.jpg

24. Tim Howard
The American shot-stopper has had a very poor season and questions have been raised to the suitability of the ageing goalkeeper over a seemingly better option in Joel Robles; and he didn't do much this game to deter calls for his removal from first-team affairs from a large section of the fan-base.

He seems unwilling/unable to command his 18 yard box, failing on multiple times to come out for seemingly easy crosses into the 6 yard area that Kyiv were all too able to capitalise on. In all fairness to Tim, one or two great saves from Teodorczyk and Yarmolenko have saved him from a lower score from me.

Overall Rating - 5

23. Seamus Coleman
I feel for Seamus, I really do. He had an absolutely torrid night at right back, Atsu is by no means a defensive-minded winger and was left to deal with Antunes and Gusev all on his own at times. That being said - this hasn't been a good season for Seamus; he's beginning to look like a player that cost £60,000, not £6million... oh wait.

Overal distribution was poor, and he does have an annoying tendency of running into opposition players and being unable to retain possesion under any kind of pressure.

Overall Rating - 5

6. Phil Jagielka
One of our better players, had to do the job of two centre-backs throughout most of the game. Questions still remain over his suitability as our captain, but overall not a terrible performance. Without him I fear it would have been a lot more.

Overall Rating - 6

30. Antolin Alcaraz
Deficient, inadequate, inferior, insufficent, meager, mediocre, miserable, shoddy, substandard, unsatisfactory, crude, diminutive, below par, exiguous, rotton, second-rate, shambles and ultimately worthless.

Overall Rating - Not good enough. Swerve.

3. Leighton Baines
Seems to have forgotten how to cross, defend and pass the ball. This season he has been poor, and tonight nothing changed. Felt for Garbutt a bit as his performances in the first leg should have been enough to warrant him a place last night.

Overall Rating - 5

16. James McCarthy
Can't fault him for effort, but my god he should of done better. His failure to track back and cut space in half for most of their goals was evident. No idea what he was doing playing so deep, my idea is that Martinez saw that Alcaraz was struggling and that McCarthy was instructed to partner him, but nobody dropped back to fill his space (maybe Atsu tried, but he shouldn't be asked to do that)

Overall Rating - 5

18. Gareth Barry
Has Martinez slept with his wife or something? Darron Gibson looked superb against Newcastle, and without GazBaz we tend to play a lot better. He doesn't really offer anything to our team this season, he can't defend and he hasn't got the vision required to open up defences. What's his job? I don't see how he contributes.

Overall Rating - 3

19. Christian Atsu
Seems to have his confidence back. Did some nice things in the first half, but was let down with a lack of movement upfront. In the second half he was asked to track back, and as a result it nullified his influence on proceedings.

Looks promising.

Overall Rating - 6

20. Ross Barkley
The lad worked his socks off last night, unfortunate to strike the woodwork on two occasions. One or two touches of pure class. Our best player, maybe.

Overall Rating - 8

14. Steven Naismith
Did his usual job of wining up the opposition at every given opportunity, but he's not a winger. Same old, same old. Lack of distribution and poor decision making whilst on the ball were obvious.

Overall Rating - 4

10. Romelu Lukaku
Can't fault him. He worked hard and created a number of opportunities single-handedly. Scored a belter too. His stock rises as ours falls, can see him wanting to leave in the summer.

Overall Rating - 7

Subsitutes

17. Muhammed Besic
Personally, would of rather seen Gibson come on as he's more of an attacking midfielder - however did the job of filling in for Alcaraz who was playing right wing toward the end. 10 minutes is never enough to really evaluate a performance.

21. Leon Osman
Made one or two nice runs, but ultimately did nothing. Offered a little bit more in the attack, but has never been a left winger and this late into his career will probably never fill the role with any real suitability.

Overall Rating - 5

9. Arouna Kone
What does he do? Poor distribution and seemed to slow down any forward play when given the opportunity. Poor passing, crossing and was never really in a position to threaten the Kyiv defence.

Overall Rating - 4

Average Rating - 4.846
Average Rating w/o Alcaraz - 5.25

All this effort with the fancy bolds, center allignment and pics. All this effort into a post to make us feel even more wanky. I already feel like ive just woke up dazed, smelling of piss, my bank account overdrawn and wearing my ma's underwear with a Lex Steele sized dong hanging out of my brown one.... now you throw what i already knew at me.

Triffic. Have a good weekend mate.

Think you're about spot on there... would give Tim H a 4, couple of times when 'a player of his experience' (Bobby's words) should really take control of his defence a bit more. Agree that he made some crucial saves but needed to grab some high balls. At fault for goal numero uno too.

Ross and Rom were immense, granted.

Howard is lucky to get a 5 there I reckon.
Think that is a little bit biased on the Howard-hate, he didn't do any major faults yesterday. Of course, it's never good to concede 5 goals, but I feel a 5 in rating is acceptable, if it's out of 10 that is.

Howard - -10
Coleman - 1
Jagielka -4
Alcaraz- 1
Baines - 4
McCarthy - 4
Barry - 2
Naismith - 3
Barkley - 7
Atsu - 3
Lukaku - 6

Osman - -10
Kone - 1
Besic - 4

Howard - 4, good save at 1-1 but apart from that he didn't cover himself in glory

Coleman - 6, difficult game for him trying to be the right-sided centre half as well as a full back
Alcaraz - 1, almost as bad as Neville vs. Wigan
Jagielka - 6, not actually too bad, got a goal from a corner (rare for us) but made several mistakes at the back
Baines - 5, few nice bits going forward but part of a poor backline

McCarthy - 5, strangely anonymous
Barry - 4, poor, again, a few nice touches on the edge of their box but mostly dire

Atsu - 4, again, a few times looked like doing something but bar one good shot (well saved), he was poor
Barkley - 7, confidence looks shaky but looked most likely to create and two cracking shots that would have saved the tie if not for an inch or two
Naismith - 6, worked hard as always, not his fault he's some sort of introverted winger at the moment, but never got going and didn't cover his full-back

Lukaku - 8, I don't know what more we can ask of him, cracking goal, held the ball up well, looked a threat, never got the ball where he needed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.