[Newcastle - 15/03] The Goodison Boo-ometer

In which 10 minutes of the match will the first boo's occur?

• 0-10

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • 11-20

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • 31-40

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • 51-60

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • 61-70

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 71-80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 81-90

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the opposite.

Normally the closer we get to kick off time a heady optimism takes me over but today I am strangely pessimistic,

I think that Burnley game has punctured my belief.....looking at the table and serving owt less than a four point gap between you and the trap door has a right old attitude adjusting effect :(
Come on Khalekan mate,give us a smile;)lol,thats better,the three points are coming our way!!!

In all honesty, I can't see anything other than a high intensity start, which will mean no booing. If we genuinely come out and try and tippy tappy today, Martinez is officially incompetent.

What are you basing this on ? Recent history suggests otherwise, especially after an EL game. Leicester for example was turgid until they scored first.

Please Blues, no needless, pointless and endless sideways passing today... play at pace, with dynamism, with pure attacking intent and we'll be okay and the boo-meter can be returned to the cupboard under the stairs.

I want to see the Everton that battered teams last season back on display today, the rest of the season and for a long, long time to come.
I understand the bad feeling with this sort of thing. However I've noticed some morons booing at the first sign of any pass that isn't forward although it may have been the best/only option. These individuals haven't quite grasped what the problem is obviously. They annoy me as much as anything.

Not directed at you mate by any stretch. Agree with you totally. Just picked up on those precise words in your post and remembered this.

So enough of that Europa League second half happiness this is the Premier League, the plotters have their loud speakers, the splitters have their vuvuzela's and Davek has his 1985 clappers to hand ready to give the boo boys what for.

The atmosphere at Goodison has been poor for a while (some would say an awful long time) but this run of form has created a poisonous atmosphere.

Will it be a pass backwards, or a Howard regular mess up that causes the crowd to spill out of the Paddock today?

Boo-boo-zela

Hope you are right but I'm not holding my breath. The philosphy is more important it would seem.
Thats what Wigan fans said when they went down. Wouldnt change a thing even tho they kept sliding. I jsut dont even know anymore. FFS, im going to cry like a little lady if they play slow and plodding at the start. Hit Newcastle in the fn chin like Rooney and start kicking them when they are down! And then keep on kicking!

Booing is actually bad for you.

I started booing this morning in the shower and chocked and fell over banging my head. I've now got a saw throat a cut above my eye and a headache. I'm never booing again.

What are you basing this on ? Recent history suggests otherwise, especially after an EL game. Leicester for example was turgid until they scored first.

I'm basing it on the turnaround in intensity from the players from the first 30 minutes to the last 60 against Kiev.

If the manager doesn't set us up to replicate that style from the off today, he's incompetent, as he's stubbornly working his tippy tappy agenda ahead of something that anyone with a brain could see needs to be done.

I don't think even Martinez is that stubborn.

Hope you are right but I'm not holding my breath. The philosphy is more important it would seem.

Yep. It's possible we may go back to a higher tempo game for the rest of the season now, but I have no doubt whatsoever that once Roberto makes his changes to the playing staff in the summer we will go back to a slower, more probing style of play.

Nothing against the philosophy, but I am highly skeptical that it will work as well as we'd like it until it is either ingrained throughout the whole club (and we have the talent to make it work), or we get taken over by a billionaire.

I am willing to wait, as long as in the mean time Roberto shows he is capable of adapting until we get there, but I suspect he will revert back to more of the same asap.

So enough of that Europa League second half happiness this is the Premier League, the plotters have their loud speakers, the splitters have their vuvuzela's and Davek has his 1985 clappers to hand ready to give the boo boys what for.

The atmosphere at Goodison has been poor for a while (some would say an awful long time) but this run of form has created a poisonous atmosphere.

Will it be a pass backwards, or a Howard regular mess up that causes the crowd to spill out of the Paddock today?
A multitude of passing backwards.

Roberto should look at Villa to see what difference forcing players to make forward passes and runs makes. Tika Taka has had it's day. The refs guidelines caught on to it long ago and started carding every tackle that prevents a counter attack and now even the very best at it struggle.

It's time that Roberto finds a plan B however I still want him to be the man who finds a plan B because the thought of going back to hoof and run the channels football doesn't excite me.

Status
Not open for further replies.