Martinez Out: Post Stoke poll

Yes or no?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Moyes' biggest critic, but obviously his early years transformed the squad and kept us high and dry and pretty much guaranteed a 10th place minimum finish every year by the time he left.

I honestly don't think people quite understand just how horrific Martinez's performance this season has been. You'd actually have to really try to be this gash at managing that group of players.

This isn't a dig mate but I'm intrigued as to why you would keep him when you can't see things changing?

Because i still think there's enough games left for both scenarios, ie for him to finally start to turn it around and get a few results or IF 3/4 games later and things are still the same then to bring someone else in to avoid the drop.....

I know people will say its too risky to wait 3/4 more games but I'd still fancy us to get the required points even at that stage plus we'll have given our current manager as much time to turn it around as possible (and if he manages to achieve it then obviously we've done so without having to pull in Joe Royle as a stop gap and starting again in the summer)

Moyes built a top 6 club.
He just never took us futher than that.
Moyes's bad seasons still had us top 8 and consistant results.

Martinez bad season has reversed that.
Martinez bad season mirrors a normnal season at his old club which led to relegation.
Martinez has not changed anything about the team after a loss and a draw vs lesicter is currently a good result for us. let that sink in.

Would a new manager change anything? Well beating someone will be a start, not getting beat vs the likes of Hull would be great. Perhaps even having a structured first team with instructions beyond keep the ball and how to involve the striker may help.

Keeping him risks more defeats and getting closer and closer to the impossible.

What did Moyes build exactly?

Stability, a core of players that have helped give us some pride back over 10 years, jagielka, arteta, cahill, rooney to name the popular guys.
He also brought stones and barkley to the first team (although neither played every week).

If you think moyes built nothing then you are deluded. I dont like the way he left us but he left us with some pride from when he first joined.

I'm staggered as to how anybody could even begin to defend Martinez anymore.

We've been playing the same turgid and boring brand of football since day one of this season.

It is becoming embarrassingly obvious that last season's success was built upon Moyes' foundations, namely an organised defence.

Moyes' 11 seasons in charge dont add up to the 2 Martinez has had so far.

For the first time in a generation we saw football being played by Everton, and not the mostly boot and run trash Moyes conned everyone into thinking was right for us.

Martinez proved beyond doubt that if you play football with pace and precision on the deck you can do better. And the record points haul is there for all to see as proof.

I'm Moyes' biggest critic, but obviously his early years transformed the squad and kept us high and dry and pretty much guaranteed a 10th place minimum finish every year by the time he left.

I honestly don't think people quite understand just how horrific Martinez's performance this season has been. You'd actually have to really try to be this gash at managing that group of players.

I've thought this many a time.

It really takes some going to dismantle this group of players to relegation fighters!!

It's like liverpool, Spurs or arsenal spending next season fighting relegation. Pretty much an impossible scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.