Robles out even after last night's performance?

Should Joel remain in an Everton shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His spatial awareness about where he is in relation to either goalpost is terrible. I'm referencing the goals conceded last night and against Krasnodar but generally any time any attacker comes at an angle his positioning is awful.

Let's see how he does in the next few matches. He was getting plenty of support from the away end last night.

got to give him every chance.thought he did well last night,couple of great saves,defence seemed reasonably comfortable with him in goals as they did against City.
you can see his confidence is improving ,maybe getting a feeling he belongs in the squad helps as opposed as the kid who gets a run out in the odd cup match.

If anything, his recent performances have reinforced my belief that we should sign another keeper in January, but not because I think he's awful.

Previously if a bid had come in for Joel I'd have accepted it, now i'd want to loan him out to get regular first team football and get a new first choice in for the next 3/4 years.

He's got all the physical tools to be top class, and he's still quite young for a keeper. Doubt we'd be able to afford a mature, top drawer keeper even if there were one for sale. Hell DDG cost 19 million and he was a disaster in his first season or two, he's only become an excellent keeper this past year.

The man has earned an extended run. Anyone who doesn't concur is a clown.

If a striker scores a hatrick ,you keep him in the team. Same logic.

I was very proud of him last night and now consider him an Evertonian just lacked the experience in the shoot-out a little but it come with time

Status
Not open for further replies.