Robles out even after last night's performance?

Should Joel remain in an Everton shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robles improves after a few games, having been poor initially. The last time he got a bit of a run together, the same thing happened. It is as if he does not train at all when Howard is fit. Odd. He still isn't as good as Howard though- I fancy that we would have won that shootout with Tim in nets. Those saying Howard is finished are mad- he is having a bad patch, that is all.

I'd keep him in until he does something worth of being dropped.

The thought of Howard coming back fills me with dread. He's one of the worst sitting duck goalkeepers I've ever seen.

If Everton don't buy a new keeper he should be the first choice. If he manage to preform at a decent level that is.

He keeps conceding a goal.

We play WB & CP next, I want to see clean sheets - if no clean sheets then sorry he has to go.

We will not get clean sheets against RS and Chelsea.

Robles improves after a few games, having been poor initially. The last time he got a bit of a run together, the same thing happened. It is as if he does not train at all when Howard is fit. Odd. He still isn't as good as Howard though- I fancy that we would have won that shootout with Tim in nets. Those saying Howard is finished are mad- he is having a bad patch, that is all.

If it was his first bad patch, fine.

But it's his third in the last 4 years. He keep getting into runs of bad form and then runs of good form.

I think that is age. I think he is just no longer capable of being consistent. And the three bad patches (this season, beginning of the 2012-13 season and winter of 2011-12) have lost us a hell of a lot of points. At some point you can't just write those patches off and wait for him to come good again.

I thought this thread was about there being pictures of Joel going out clubbing last night after the loss. Pretty relieved right now to be honest

Tbh everyone including me was calling him useless but the fact is none of us had ever seen him in action - any keeper will be quite shaky in the first 2 o 3 games being called into action after sitting on the bench for however many seasons.

Last night was the first time we've seen him play a full game without nerves and showed his quality. Liked the guys personality during the shootout aswell - hope he goes on to be our no1.

Many many have been off Howard for a long time mate.

Last season was more of an upward blip and we all hoped we had a good keeper.

He isn't though. He's 35 now and getting to the MLS while his stock is still high is a must for me.

We will never win a trophy with Tim Howard in goal. I'm sure of it.
Yeah, I tend to agree with this. MLS teams will pay an irrationally high premium to get Tim given his status here in the States. Move him on, sign another keeper, keep Robles around and we could potentially get better, younger and have some money in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.