Wanted - someone to take a corner !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the 1-1 draw with Norwich in Moyes's last season...when they equalised in the dying seconds?

Baines actually had two outswinging corners down the Park End blown up because they swung beyond the bye line before swinging back in to reach the goalmouth.
Does my head in when he takes the out swingers totally pointless,just get over to the right and whip an inswinger in will yer:rant::D

I don't think it's the aerial threat - it's pretty much pointless having Andy Carroll in the box if your corner taker can't lift the ball off the ground and beat the first man, which is Baines most of the time these days.

We looked instantly more threatening from corners when Garbutt took them.

But we didn't.

One of two half decent corners doesn't mask the systemic deficiency in our current style of play which frowns on high balls and which obviously is given little priority in training.

And it is a self perpetuating phenomenon....the corner taker has no confidence in the men he is delivering the ball to.....and they have no confidence in the ball ever reaching the kill zone.

Of course there is one man in the squad whom takes a mean corner on a regular basis....but to mention Aiden McGeady's name round these parts is heresy :blush:

1 goal every 10 games from corners is the league average. It's hardly worth caring about.

Don't be so ridiculous.

Considering we're going to get corners during games whether we like it or not we (as should any team) should try to maximise our chances of scoring from them.

Not hitting the first man more often than not whilst having our defenders up from the back.

1 goal every 10 games from corners is the league average. It's hardly worth caring about.

It's about more than that though, Mr. B.

Forcing corners and attacking them gathers momentum and puts the opposition on the back foot.....goals can then come from other avenues when they become softened up.

Apart from owt else, it provides a bit of spectacle and entertainment for the paying customer.

And by Jove we need some if that these days.

Don't be so ridiculous.

Considering we're going to get corners during games whether we like it or not we (as should any team) should try to maximise our chances of scoring from them.

Not hitting the first man more often than not whilst having our defenders up from the back.

I was talking about the people on here who make a big deal about it.

We score corners at about the same rate as everybody else.

Dont think this is just an everton thing.
We have good variety on corners tbh. We do the nice high floaty one that the keeper can catch, and we do the nice low scuffed one that the first man can clear.

Some people want the moon on a stick.
How does the moon on a stick corner go ?

I think we need the players to stand just outside the penalty area and as the corner is just about to be taken make there runs.

Still have one person on the keeper.

We are the worst team at corners and RM and his coaches need to sort this issue out.

Garbut took some really good corners - Barkley, Baines, Mirallas or Mcgeady are just hopeless.

I think we need the players to stand just outside the penalty area and as the corner is just about to be taken make there runs.

Still have one person on the keeper.

We are the worst team at corners and RM and his coaches need to sort this issue out.

Garbut took some really good corners - Barkley, Baines, Mirallas or Mcgeady are just hopeless.
To be fair once a player is on the pitch its not there fault that they hit the front men, no excuse.

Also Was quite suprised to learn that Baines chooses not to practice set pieces, maybe thats were hes going wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.