Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few players who just exude a special x factor quality...Ross Barkley is one of those players; his balance makes most other players around him look clumsy in comparison.

Nope. Needs Match fitness and we get very close to qualifying from our group, which is a hard group. We need Europe. We can rest him against Burnley if we have to rest him.

Lille are good
Burnley are tosh

Barkley to start on Thursday and have a breather on Sunday methinks

We've done well in europe so far without ross, the league is too important to rest him we can't face dropping points Saturday and going further behind the likes of Utd and the RS, even Southampton who are 7 points ahead of us.

Play Naismith Thursday, this will be our easiest match of the EL so far

Tbf at least he is pointing out that the rumoured bids of 30m is a ridiculously low amount for an English lad of his talent.

Yeah the £30millioon being bandied about does seem very low. There's a quote in the star from Lukaku calling Ross the best player in the squad. If Lukaku's worth £28million clubs will have to play a lot more than 30 for Barkley.

The forward said: “He is like a friend and brother to me off the pitch and I am very happy that he is back on it because he brings something that the whole team needs.

“He has that rawness, that skill, that power. He is a perfect partner for me to play up front with and I am very happy that he is back.

“There are loads of players who can help me, but he has something that none of us have. I can’t explain it. He is the best player in our team.”

Yeah the £30millioon being bandied about does seem very low. There's a quote in the star from Lukaku calling Ross the best player in the squad. If Lukaku's worth £28million clubs will have to play a lot more than 30 for Barkley.

Yeah, they have the same quote in the Guardian. It is not just Lukaku's value that we can compare it to though - Shaw for 30m and we sold Fellaini 27.5. We've always got pretty decent prices for anyone we've sold, even when the players have been agitating for a move.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/19/everton-aston-villa-ross-barkley-match-report
Romelu Lukaku, himself showing signs of returning to full effectiveness after a low-key start to the season, believes the more games Barkley plays the better. “Ross is like a friend and a brother too me off the pitch and I am very happy that he is back on it because he brings something that the whole team needs,” the Belgian striker explained. “He is the perfect partner for me to play with, he affected the game a lot. There are loads of other players who can help me, but Ross has that special something no one else has. He is the best player in our team and he will be somebody that the England team will rely on. At the moment they rely on Wayne Rooney, but I think it will be Ross in the future.”

It's funny how sterling seems to be regarded as the new english jewel. May be a bit biased but I don't think he's a patch on Ross's potential.

Ross will go on to be much the better complete player than sterling IMO. I'm sure sterling is better than Wright-Phillips but he was bigged up much the same when he was a young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.