Transfer window's closed - Recast your votes ?

What grade would you give us for this transfer window now that it's closed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, what experienced defenders are available for 10m - especially when one of the top sides come calling.

I would call Lovren decent and an acceptable player for us to replace what we have - cost? - 20m. Vermaelen 15m although somewhat older at 28. Nastasic quoted price 18-20m.

vermaelen was sold for a little over 8m mate not 15m, Nastatic was a quoted price, no one actually bid on him so it's a bit like saying Barkley is a 60m player cos some paper said he was, and Lovren was bought by the rs who overpayed to a comical degree for half their transfers this season, Lallana 25m lol

vermaelen was sold for a little over 8m mate not 15m, Nastatic was a quoted price, no one actually bid on him so it's a bit like saying Barkley is a 60m player cos some paper said he was, and Lovren was bought by the rs who overpayed to a comical degree for half their transfers this season, Lallana 25m lol

Vermaelen was 15m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28705483

Well ok, if Lovren isnt good enough then surely better will cost more.

Name me immediate replacements for Jags/Distin who are not in our squad and cost less than 10m and are the right side of 30.

Oh yeah, what experienced defenders are available for 10m - especially when one of the top sides come calling.

I would call Lovren decent and an acceptable player for us to replace what we have - cost? - 20m. Vermaelen 15m although somewhat older at 28. Nastasic quoted price 18-20m.

Caulker and Davies - statistically the best 2 CB's in the PL last season could have both been bought for less than £10m

Agger left the filth for £3m

Caulker and Davies - statistically the best 2 CB's in the PL last season could have both been bought for less than £10m

Dont think Caulker would have been available to us as Spurs would have been unlikely to let us have him. Davies - a gamble that paid off for Hull. He's also gonna be 30 this season.

Agger was clearly never on our radar - or him on ours - for obvious reasons.

Dont think Caulker would have been available to us as Spurs would have been unlikely to let us have him. Davies - a gamble that paid off for Hull

Agger was clearly never on our radar - or him on ours - for obvious reasons.

None of which is the point.

You said that there weren't quality CB's available for £10m - there was, the end.

p.s. QPR bought Caulker this summer from Cardiff not Spurs, and my point about Davies was a bid of circa £10m would have seen Hull sell him.

Vermaelen was 15m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28705483

Well ok, if Lovren isnt good enough then surely better will cost more.

Name me immediate replacements for Jags/Distin who are not in our squad and cost less than 10m and are the right side of 30.

Would also say Williams at 30 has 2 and 7 years on both and would be buy-able for less than 10m, without even looking abroad at the likes of players arriving at Athletico madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Porto etc, all of whom come in at less than 20m quid and will preform solidly this season

Lovren isn't good enough, Just like Sahko wasn't either, the rs payed around 13m for Origi mate someone with a massive 3 goals in france in 40+ appearances, shockingly bad business, just like many players both spurs last season and the rs this season bought aren't good enough, both teams massively overpaid out of a desperation to be seen to be spending the money they received from Bale and the rat

I notice you ignore Howard, Jags, Distin and Barry as they dont support whatever argument you are trying to make.

Baines - I said over the next 2 years we will see signs of slowing down and I think at 29 that is a reasonable comment to make.

Besic - got left on his ar se by Messi in the WC for an Arg goal, badly at fault in the pre-season for Porto's goal, and again ridiculous against Chelski. So yes in the moments I have seen of him, I'd be concerned. Those sorts of errors shouldn't be happening at all, let alone in 3 out of the last 5 or 6 matches he's played in.

Lukaku - 'the most in demand young forward in the world' I stopped reading at that point mate, as all I saw in the summer was Everton and the mighty Wolfsburg beating down Chelsea's door to get hold of him. No evidence at all of him being one of the most coveted players in the world as you claim.

Yeah, because that's never happened before.

In fairness the other player took him out. But seriously using the fact that messi ran past him as a stick to beat him with is really over the top.

look obviously I'm not having a go at him for being fooled by Messi in isolation, its just if you add that to the Porto incident and now the Chelsea incident, all in the space of a few games, it doesnt look the greatest, to me anyway.

look obviously I'm not having a go at him for being fooled by Messi in isolation, its just if you add that to the Porto incident and now the Chelsea incident, all in the space of a few games, it doesnt look the greatest, to me anyway.

You seem to really not rate the guy. I'm not taking the P, just asking, but what is it, is it that you just really dont think he's very good or is it more the attitude?

It's inexperience. He's 21 and will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.