Transfer window's closed - Recast your votes ?

What grade would you give us for this transfer window now that it's closed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you make that judgement based on what little we've seen so far? How many players were rubbish to start with. Naismith was laughed at by opposition fans for being so poor at Goodison; no ones laughing anymore.

Mate your right I haven't see a lot of him, but I wasn't making a judgment on what kind of player he's going to become but on the player he is now, and from what little I've seen, and the fact Martinez left him on the bench for the first two games, and only brought him on against the Arse with about 2 mins to go tells me that even Martinez thinks he's not ready.

C for me and its all down to Lukaku. I fear his signing will be a millstone round our neck that could set us back half a decade at worst.

My fear is that due to his purchase we will not be able to spend adequately over the next 2 years to cover for what will become increasing signs of age from Distin, Jags, Howard, Baines and Barry due to the outlay on Lukaku.

For anyone who thinks we have players in reserve, well I don't believe Galloway, Stones, Besic or even Ovideo can be guaranteed to be adequate at the level at which we aim to operate. I know Utd, City, Chelsea, Pool, Spurs wouldnt play that game.

We are not Utd who can afford to write off 27.5m purchases as loose change.

You will also notice that players are now more expensive for reasons that I believe to be due to increased TV revenue, so the amount we have spent compared to other around us looks only adequate. Having said that, I also don't believe there is much left in the kitty - we (maybe?)struggled to stump up the cash for Celverly, and we are fairly sure that Martinez wanted him.

Aye both played shockingly bad last year when given their chance... oh wait...

Baines is 29 mate, not exactly something to start panicking over, we have Oviedo whi is good enough or you've never seen him play and Garbutt behind him. Only place i've ever seen Baines age referenced as a concern for us is on RAWK when their trying to make a point about us having an aging squad of over thirties, Ofc you fail to mention that the young players will as they get a bit older start to develop and improve - age works both ways not just the way to suit whatever argument you want to support your opinion.

As for writing Besic off after 10 minutes due to one mistake out of him being over confident, just lol lad, he just needs to learn when and when not to do things, i doubt Hungary allows leg breaking tackles every game either btw, no league does anymore so its not like he's the reincarnation of chopper harris like, was just a young lad over eager to impress his new teammates and fans, he will learn thats almost a given with the players around him

Lukaku - speechless lad, us signing the most in demand young forward in the world was a bad thing apparently now, and Lukaku will be the reason we struggle for the next decade, yeah alright lad, i'll take two seasons evidence of his goalscoring ability over three games post world cup when he's looked lacking fitness like a lot of the world cup performers have done around the league

So you moan when we don't spend money and then when we do you moan even more.

You must have a miserable home life if all you ever do is look at negative things.

And you must be about 3 years of age or been bred from a kopite type strain if you choose to close your mind off from the quite just and legitimate points raised here

No, just realistic. He has held the club back for years but did anyone expect us to spend any money without selling first?

Also I guess the fact we have got all of our best players on new long term contracts means nothing does it? Just need a new deal for Mirallas now and we have all our best players tied down and as strong a squad as we have had in ages. Guess that is all by luck though.

Do you know we got laughed at by the kopites for holding a press conference when Barkley signed his contract extension, i'm sorry but don't be including contract extensions as transfer window signings, absolutely lame this crap

Do you know we got laughed at by the kopites for holding a press conference when Barkley signed his contract extension, i'm sorry but don't be including contract extensions as transfer window signings, absolutely lame this crap
Who cares about them?

Let them laugh. I couldn't give a toss what they say or do.

You would hope so but its 0 in 3 so far.

Aye mate, 0-3 from a player who isn't fully match fit and carrying a foot injury for those 3 games. The past 3 matches really don't have a bearing in the grand scheme of things. If after 3 years he has done crap and is worth half of what we have paid and restricted us in the transfer window then your original point would definitely be a valid one. Unfortunately we can't look into the future so we will just have to see how he gets on. I think he will be up and running against West Brom away for what it's worth anyway mate.

An adequate player now costs 20m in the Premier League.

We had to bend the rules to bring in Henen ffs due to costs.

If you think we will sign even one more average 20m player in the next 12 months then I disagree.

It depends on the position we are buying. A proven goal scoring striker will cost upwards of £20 million. A good center half won't cost more than £10 million.

Who's arsed? We signed our best prospect since Rooney on a long term contract after he was being 'linked' with the likes of city etc. we wanted to make a statement and we did. I don't see why contract extensions can't be included in transfer business.

Solid B.

Signing a starting CB would have made it an A+. Yes, it would make that much of a difference.

Contract extensions that ensure that our best players are tied down are vital in the current market, not only in terms of protecting their asset value, but also in terms of how other player will perceive where we're going. If players like Barkley - the hottest young England prospect since the last one we produced, are seen to be committing to new long term deals with us, then it sends out a strong signal within the game and is well worth promoting at a press conference.

A couple of kopites laughed, well boo hoo, must mean we've done something right then. Some of the bells had convinced themselves Barkley was going to them btw...............

Aye both played shockingly bad last year when given their chance... oh wait...

Baines is 29 mate, not exactly something to start panicking over, we have Oviedo whi is good enough or you've never seen him play and Garbutt behind him. Only place i've ever seen Baines age referenced as a concern for us is on RAWK when their trying to make a point about us having an aging squad of over thirties, Ofc you fail to mention that the young players will as they get a bit older start to develop and improve - age works both ways not just the way to suit whatever argument you want to support your opinion.

As for writing Besic off after 10 minutes due to one mistake out of him being over confident, just lol lad, he just needs to learn when and when not to do things, i doubt Hungary allows leg breaking tackles every game either btw, no league does anymore so its not like he's the reincarnation of chopper harris like, was just a young lad over eager to impress his new teammates and fans, he will learn thats almost a given with the players around him

Lukaku - speechless lad, us signing the most in demand young forward in the world was a bad thing apparently now, and Lukaku will be the reason we struggle for the next decade, yeah alright lad, i'll take two seasons evidence of his goalscoring ability over three games post world cup when he's looked lacking fitness like a lot of the world cup performers have done around the league

I notice you ignore Howard, Jags, Distin and Barry as they dont support whatever argument you are trying to make.

Baines - I said over the next 2 years we will see signs of slowing down and I think at 29 that is a reasonable comment to make.

Besic - got left on his ar se by Messi in the WC for an Arg goal, badly at fault in the pre-season for Porto's goal, and again ridiculous against Chelski. So yes in the moments I have seen of him, I'd be concerned. Those sorts of errors shouldn't be happening at all, let alone in 3 out of the last 5 or 6 matches he's played in.

Lukaku - 'the most in demand young forward in the world' I stopped reading at that point mate, as all I saw in the summer was Everton and the mighty Wolfsburg beating down Chelsea's door to get hold of him. No evidence at all of him being one of the most coveted players in the world as you claim.

It depends on the position we are buying. A proven goal scoring striker will cost upwards of £20 million. A good center half won't cost more than £10 million.

Oh yeah, what experienced defenders are available for 10m - especially when one of the top sides come calling.

I would call Lovren decent and an acceptable player for us to replace what we have - cost? - 20m. Vermaelen 15m although somewhat older at 28. Nastasic quoted price 18-20m.

Baines - I said over the next 2 years we will see signs of slowing down and I think at 29 that is a reasonable comment to make.

Besic - got left on his ar se by Messi in the WC for an Arg goal, badly at fault in the pre-season for Porto's goal, and again ridiculous against Chelski. So yes in the moments I have seen of him, I'd be concerned. Those sorts of errors shouldn't be happening at all, let alone in 3 out of the last 5 or 6 matches he's played in.

Lukaku - 'the most in demand forward in the world' I stopped reading at that point mate, as all I saw in the summer was Everton and the mighty Wolfsburg beating down Chelsea's door to get hold of him.

As you seem to put credence on pre season with Besic's mistake, i take it you also saw how good Garbutt looked in pre season, also you see how good Oviedo looked pre injury? Baines dolesn't even rely on pace so slowing down won't affect him as badly as a speed merchant anyways

Spurs, Arse, Juve all wanted him mate, we payed more than they were willing which is why we got him in the end - plus likely Chelsea's reluctance to sell to a London team, to say he wasn't the most striker in that age range is laugable, or maybe Origi was like with his stellar record in France

If you think Besic had a bad world cup your blind mate, and if you think Messi getting the better of him one time in a game highlights him as a bad player then every midfielder and defender in Spain and whove played against him in Europe shoudl hang up their boots, btw what you make of Moreno at the rs - a good buy or not - asked in particular with reference to how he was left on his arse repeatedly in the City game and responsible for all 3 goals in part?

Oh yeah, what experienced defenders are available for 10m - especially when one of the top sides come calling.

I would call Lovren decent and an acceptable player for us to replace what we have - cost? - 20m.

Lovren lol, yeah he's top quality he is mate, 20m for the rs to bring in a inferior player to Agger who they let go for 3m, great example, Look at the City game and he was nearly as bad as Jags against Chelsea

Looking at our business in the Window, I honestly can't see what more Bobby could have done.
Last year our defence was imperious, and you could argue that Besic gives us a further defensive option.
Midfield is stronger and our attack is stronger than I thought it would be so much so we can actually play two up front properly now if needed.
Lots more options for Bobby to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.