Can we catch Villa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
After Jagielkas pass against them, I said no chance.

But looking at our current form and our run in, and If they lose today still having to go to Anfield and Old Trafford, is it realistic to think we could give them something to worry about?

Yes, i didnt think we could, but they got some tough, tough games coming up, if we continue to win and they lose as much as i expect, by the time we play them, i think we should have the chance to go above if we win.

If we get some key players back from injury then we probably could, it'd still be a tough task though. It's quite a big gap and we are down to the bare bones big time.

It's going to be really tough tommorow, I think we'll draw which won't help. Hibbert and Cahill being out could be a step too far for us.

they're getting beating 1-0 at the moment. they may have liverpool and utd away but we've got them and chelsea away. if they get beat today i think they're bottle'll go. 8pts behind if it stays like this and we win 2morra. we play wba at home next week and they play stoke at home. so i can see much progression in the next few weeks but at the end of the season we'll be above them, but i don't reckon it'll be a champs league spot tho.

after villa play us i think their run in is quite easy..

west ham
bolton
hull
fulham
boro
newcastle

they could still have a good season...

Chelsea are 0-1 up at the moment.

I think Villa will just edge us out to be honest. We're 11 points behind which is a lot at this stage of the season.

We also need to think of catching Arsenal as well.

while villa are 11 points ahead of us, they just aren't that good. teams will get on to their one and only game plan and make it difficult for them. their season started much earlier, they've got to go to russia in midweek, and are yet to play liverpool, man utd and us. i feel it will be very, very close.

They have some really difficult matches, so if they lose them, then yes. Looking at it now it looks impossible, but comparing the fixtures...it really does look like it will be close.

The most important thing is that WE keep winning, if we do that we have every chance, but if we pick up a few stupid draws and loses, its over. We should be looking to beat anybody below us.

Status
Not open for further replies.