John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players dont care about it.

Untill we start to care, the England team will always be pants.

it's a vicious circle though mate, we don't care cos the quality is poor, the better young players don't get games and instead sit on the bench for the senior team not getting used, the FA doesn't care cos it doesn't think long term.

The German system and lesser extent the Spanish one is the prototype model for how to reinvigorate your national game, one the FA simply ignores

Honestly though, the only thing i factor in about players getting national call ups is that their more likely to stay at Everton and not move to find that, and in the end that's whats good for Everton is all that bloody well matters to me

The players dont care about it.

Untill we start to care, the England team will always be pants.

As an example though, England under 21 games being played at the likes of Villa park, Goodison, Anfield, Old Trafford, WHL etc, and featuring the likes of chamberlain, barkley, stones, shaw, Sterling, Morrison etc would generate much more of a buzz and interest in watching them

they're catching on...

Since Phil Jagielka suffered a small tear in his hamstring, John Stones has played every minute of Everton's four consecutive league victories this month, and while the likes of Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku have earned much of the praise for the recent performances, the 19-year-old centre-back, who can also play at right-back, has looked composed and technically assured in Jagielka's absence. Stones has never lacked confidence, but has now grown into his 6ft 2in frame and against Newcastle on Tuesday, played for much of the game with a bandage around his head, after a brave header left him with a deep cut that required 10 stitches – threaded, of course, in Everton blue. Jagielka is expected to be fit for a return at Fulham on Sunday, but with Stones in this form, it is not a foregone conclusion that Roberto Martínez will opt for the 31-year-old. If Stones can keep his place, and put on a similar showing for the rest of the season, who is to say that he cannot play his way into Roy Hodgson's thoughts, particularly with the likes of Phil Jones and Chris Smalling failing to convince at the moment. MB

He is hilariously good. It's just ridiculous.

I have a lot of ill feeling towards Moyes but thank you David for signing this beautiful man.

I think the "From Barnsley to Barcelona" part of the description in the World Football Thread is predicting his imminent transfer to Spain

Is he the best centre back of all time? Probably.

Is he the best centre back in the world? Definitely.

Has everything this lad.

Sensational doesn't cover it. So so calm on the ball and i love the way controls the situation. Another gem.

Can't say enough about this lad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.