John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best young centre back since we had John Hurst and a young Roger Kenyon! a mammoth game tonight he can let Cisse out of his back pocket now! when he came back on after his eye cut he must have had double vision as his two passes were misplaced - he was outstanding tonight as the rest of them were!
Future England captain. Take that to NASA.

Sometimes (rarely) you see a young footballer who you just KNOW is going to be world class at his position. Young Stones is one of those.

He's acted like a cock since he left, but this just shows why we still should be grateful to Moyes.

Coleman, Stones, Jags, Distin, Baines and Oviedo for a combined total of £20.56 million. Or, to put in perspective; less than we sold Lescott for.

Man U would kill for our defence this season :D

I believe Young Stones was on RM's radar as well (I think Wigan made a bid)

They did mate, think Stones chose us over them and both bids got accepted, actually think we only came in after the fer thing fell through otherwise we'd probably be hearing people moan at the start of the season about coming in for another wigan player ;p

Late arrival to EFC, sorry, didn't realize the young lad was of such stature. And don't pay much attention to transfer rumo(u)rs anyhow as 99% seem to be a lot of smoke and not much else.

In a lot of cases, you'd be correct. However, both Moyes/Martinez (Everton/Wigan) made a bid for him. Unsurprisingly, he chose us over Wigan ;)

The lad has stones...I was genuinely excited about Duffy a while back...he can't sniff Stones' jock.

We've got some incredible foundation type youngsters to be very good for a long time...Stones is defo one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.