Everton tried to bring back Jack Rodwell on deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.
hamstring injuries do make you more susceptible to more, but with a better training programme and therapy he would be fine. there's no such thing as injury prone, just athletes who have been mangled due to poor programmes, bad biomechanics or freak injuries like a 14 stone centre half clattering into your knee cap.

Moyes ruined Rodwell with his dinosaur training methods. I'd have every confidence in Martinez keeping him healthy.

I compete at a very high level in the 100m. I've had six hamstring tears and numerous sciatic/neural issues. But I havent had a tear in my hammy since feb 2012. It's not because of luck, it's because a new coach devised a better programme for me and sorted out my mechanics.

Craig Bellamy had a torrid time with i njuries but at City when mark Hughes was there a fella called Steve Fudge, who now coaches James Dasaolu (second fastest brit over 100m behind linford chrsite) who was working as City at the time who devised a programme for Bellamy to stay healthy, and he has done ever since despite aging (which would generally make you more susceptible to injury)

Good post mate, i would argue that certain players seem more injury prone, or maybe a more accurate statement is some players need a lot more special managing in.terms of fitness regimes/training programmes etc, whilst some just seem to be almost immune to picking up injuries too

Either way as a loan next year with the option to buy i think rodwell could be a smart decision

I'll never understand the people who give this lad stick. He was practically pushed out of the door and it locked itself shut behind him, he never asked to go.

I honestly don't see the point of bringing him back though, he'd only be a squad player who would be lucky to get the odd game at this point. This is, ironically, exactly what he is now at City. Injuries looked to have completely ruined his chance at progression. I do hope he finds a club who will play him regularly and he can make something out of his career, really I do. Unfortunately though he won't ever become the player we all thought he was going to be at one point.

Not true.

Medicine is becoming more and more advanced when it comes to predicting long term injury concerns even when an athlete is able to perform perfectly well at the time of testing.

you can be more likely to get injured - for example obin van persie needs a specific programme to keep him healthy, but with correct management you shouldn't get injured - thats what i meant.

there is a perception still rife in football that injuries happen due to bad luck, which is rarely the case; for a leg break like oviedo's that was unfortunate and also due to the cabbage patch of the pitch. but the likes of michael owen, hargreaves, dyer etc were just poorly managed

We've had a very fit and injury free squad this year, that is true.

Gibson, Kone and Oviedo, Barkley and Baines where all unpreventable injuries though mate, blown out knees snd broken bones have nowt to do with training or bad physical management of players health, its just terrible luck

you can be more likely to get injured - for example obin van persie needs a specific programme to keep him healthy, but with correct management you shouldn't get injured - thats what i meant.

there is a perception still rife in football that injuries happen due to bad luck, which is rarely the case; for a leg break like oviedo's that was unfortunate and also due to the cabbage patch of the pitch. but the likes of michael owen, hargreaves, dyer etc were just poorly managed

Not at all.

The players you mentioned probably had better care than 95% of other players, the issue with hamstrings is that when you get a few it plays on their minds, which leads to tension in the muscles, which in turn leads to more strains which in turn leads to more tension, round and round they go.

City seem to pick up more injuries since they sacked the at the time head of physio during Mancini's reign.

If Rodwell comes on loan next season with us sharing the wage bill with City - I won't be too upset if he joins. Gives him a chance to prove himself at a low price.

Good post mate, i would argue that certain players seem more injury prone, or maybe a more accurate statement is some players need a lot more special managing in.terms of fitness regimes/training programmes etc, whilst some just seem to be almost immune to picking up injuries too

Either way as a loan next year with the option to buy i think rodwell could be a smart decision

yes that's what i meant see my next post. It's generally more talented athletes; Usain Bolt needs an hour of therapy on his back before he can run, Nadal has had lot's of trouble with injuries, Murray still needs ankle supports etc. Rodwell falls into that category - and no i'm not comapring him to them just saying he falls into that category of a talented but delicate athlete. He's such a talent in terms of his technical ability but also in terms of his athleticism there are few better all round athletes in the league and needs more care, less donkey work, more therapy/massage etc.

a good analogy would be the F1 car vs the ford mondeo. The f1 car costs millions of pounds and achieves incredible speeds, but after half an hour or whatever it needs maintenance, tire changes etc. Whereas a Mondeo is cheap and cannot compete at all with the f1, but it'll run ofr years without needing service

The NFL is ripe with examples of players who whilst at college or early in their career had terrible injury records, terry allen and adrien peterson two of the best running backs in the past 15 years both had 2-3 cruciate injuries before the age of 22 and went on to post remarkable careers

Would have been a bit underwhelmed if we'd brought him back, mainly because he was a rather unadventurous player and a very injury prone one too. But, Martinez is a fully qualified physiotherapist so maybe under his management he might have begun to get over those problems. Not to mention he's a much more progressive manager than the man who Rodwell played under here.

Status
Not open for further replies.