Kone Signs on 3 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 million for a player who is nearly 30 and had one not bad season in the prem is a joke in my opinion.

Should have spent a bit more on someone better and younger. Very underwhelmed and disappointed to be honest but hope he proves me wrong and comes good for us!

seeing as though hull and the like have still probably got more money to invest than everton...what player should we be going for?
Well if thats the case its a bit of a joke isnt it? We've been ever presents in the league and should be going for a higher class of player.

Well if thats the case its a bit of a joke isnt it? We've been ever presents in the league and should be going for a higher class of player.

total joke! but we have to get real. Unless we sell, your looking at the £5M signings mark. Mirallas players you dont fluke to often and like ive said many times, the first couple of signing he makes will be people he can trust and he knows.

What if he came in and spunked £5.5M on Koldrup...all faith in him would be gone. He goes with what he knows then he takes a few punts.

This is a decent enough start, i hope for much better but its fairly obvious a really exciting signing will only happen if Baines or Fellaini leave - and will that player compensate the loss adequately anyway? With Baines i think the answer would be no tbh

I think he'll be a decent addition but I think £5m is too much for 'decent'. I hope he proves me wrong and gets a good tally next season, his form is better than Jelavic's at least which isn't difficult to achieve I know.

He's a good player. He did well for wigan and if you watch the youtube videos he is a good caliber and offers us something that we don't have. Sure he is a bit old, but I think it's fair to say that if he was a couple of years younger he would be pushing 10m. It's obvious we need more goals from our strikers and if 5m for a near 30 year old gives that extra dimension we need up top, then it's not bad money. We could have went for Bony, but 13m on a 24 old who seems a similar player to Kone is just too much of a risk.

Van Persie at 24m when he was 28/29 seems crazy but he basically won them the title. Kone could be the difference between a sustained tilt at the CL. It's not bad when you consider Kone is 1/3 of henderson, 1/4 of downing and 1/7 of carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.