Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think winning stuff ANYWHERE should help your case when applying for a job at another clubWe need someone with a winning mentality
fatima-whitbread.jpg

Christ lads, i never said the Portuguese league was the same standard at the spl. I said glorified, obviously the standard is better and more money flows through the league. But the last 30 years the league has been won by benfica or porto 27 times.

its better than that...

The SPL have only ever had Rangers or Celtic get anywere in Europe

In Portugal Porto,Benefica, Spoting CP and Braga have all been in European Cup finals in recent history.

Also take into account the number of quality players that come out of that league and move on to Europe, no such thing happens in SPL.

The Portuguese league is miles ahead of the SPL.

To anyone who is saying the Portuguese league is comparable to SPL, just look at the UEFA league ranking ffs. Portugal are in 5th place, just above France, while Scotland are just below Sweden in 24th place. And, myself being from Sweden, I can tell you that's not a compliment to the Scottish league.

Right I've gone round and round on these many times. Maybe its the sense of an impending appointment but I've had a late dramatic turn against Martinez. I've no problem with him coming from a small club.

My problem is he has come off getting battered every second week for three or four years. I accept that Wigan's wages and transfer spending is very modest but he hasn't excelled in the role other than winning the FA Cup this season. And we know that was 3 minutes of madness at Goodison Park.

So for me at least, right now, and taking account of the rumoured candidates I'd have:

1. Vitor Pereira
2. Ralf Rangnick
3. Neil Lennon
4. Roberto Di Matteo
5. Alan Stubbs
6. Slaven Bilic
7. Malky Mackay
8. Eddie Howe
9. Dougie Freedman
10. Roberto Martinez

Right I've gone round and round on these many times. Maybe its the sense of an impending appointment but I've had a late dramatic turn against Martinez. I've no problem with him coming from a small club.

My problem is he has come off getting battered every second week for three or four years. I accept that Wigan's wages and transfer spending is very modest but he hasn't excelled in the role other than winning the FA Cup this season. And we know that was 3 minutes of madness at Goodison Park.

So for me at least, right now, and taking account of the rumoured candidates I'd have:

1. Vitor Pereira
2. Ralf Rangnick
3. Neil Lennon
4. Roberto Di Matteo
5. Alan Stubbs
6. Slaven Bilic
7. Malky Mackay
8. Eddie Howe
9. Dougie Freedman
10. Roberto Martinez

Get in

Is it back on mate

1. Vitor Pereira
2. Ralf Rangnick
3. Neil Lennon
4. Roberto Di Matteo
5. Alan Stubbs
6. Slaven Bilic
7. Malky Mackay
8. Eddie Howe
9. Dougie Freedman
10. Roberto Martinez

I agree with most of that list and order to be honest. I would Malky above Stubbs though

Status
Not open for further replies.