• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BK_EWBqCcAE0JuO.jpg:large

You've already said this once in the tread and you were wrong the first time.

They murdered us for 90 mins, the goals were coming when the 3 minute spell hit and they were still the better side after that.

Theres no shame in that, as Wigan have done that to a lot of teams in Martinez's reign and I wasn't surprised to see them beat City in the final. It's that which makes me feel positive about Martinez. I know there's negatives but when his teams are good, they are very good and capable if winning anywhere. I'm hoping he's learnt from what he's been through and the fact that he's now more experienced, at a proper club, with the excellent squad Moyes put together he can bring his fearless, attacking football he has showed at times at Wigan to Everton on a more regular basis.

So what? 1 good game against Everton means fcuk all. They lost 20 league games (leaking 73 goals!) and can't even beat Sunderland at home. We had beaten Man Utd, Spurs and Man City is that mean we are much better than them?

He takes his club down so he should take the blame (partly at least).
Why haven't we been able to take the next step up and get CL football, its it down to Moyes or the board for not investing. The same is for Martinez who had to work under a tight budget
To quickly summarize the activity of the three, Paul Jewell entered the Premier League with a small squad on low wages. He was able to invest substantially in both transfer fees and wages. Steve Bruce, while given a larger net spend, had liberty to increase the wage bill. Roberto Martinez has presided over the lowest net spend as well as a shrinking wage budget while also expanding the squad

..interesting comparison with Vitor. Sacked from the 3rd tier of Portugese football with SC Espinho, eventually got a job in the 2nd tier with CD Santa Clara but having failed to get them into the top flight he packed a Managers job in to become 2nd string at Porto where he inherited a really good side from AVB.
Gulp
original.gif

Who was under the most pressure? Pereira inherited a team that over the years gradually loses its best players with extreme pressure to at least strongly contend for the title. Baring in mind he hadn't had the best credentials before taking over porto surely its a positive he's done so consistently well with Porto. Martinez had done well with his previous teams before Wigan and chocked, considering there were many poor teams near the bottom half of the table. No way should we base his credentials on his 3-0 win over us. Arguably there was little pressure on him keeping Wigan up with his relationship with Whelan, the club hasn't really advanced from the bottom half unlike what Moyes has done for us. Although I'm hoping for Vitor and im sceptic over Martinez I'd still take Martinez as 2nd choice but it's a risk imo.

Over 4 years he's had a net spend of -11m. So he really has.

Can you really use net spend in comparison of the two with all the different variables involved if your going to compare anything it should be there transfers alone in the four years that Martinez has spent in the leauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.