Everton, the Medium Sized Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Grantland, not really media. It's basically a site for people who do nothing but watch sports, but have the brain capacity to do much more with their lives. 100% pop culture.

btw, has anybody actually read all of it? No? Me neither.

Yep, and I don't know why people who haven't read it are getting so upset about the "mid size" club thing. That is mentioned briefly in order to put our spending and pulling power into context.

It is more an article praising Moyes rather than saying plucky Everton should be happy with what they've got because they are a mid sized club

It is more an article praising Moyes rather than saying plucky Everton should be happy with what they've got because they are a mid sized club

The two things go in hand and hand. And yes, I read it all. It's still patronising crap that strongly implies all Everton should be happy with is not getting relegated and directly has a go with fans who want more ambition by saying "shut up and be happy you're not portsmouth, ffs".

Americans should never write about football ever. Other than the example as shown, this sentence is why:

'Everton wins 2 to 1.'

I can't stomach it. It enrages me so bad I'm tugging on my testicles just thinking about it.

What pfim said. It's Grantland.

And don't lie Nick, you were doing it anyway it and happened to think about it. Which is rather weird now that I think about it.

Fairly complimentary story actually.

From the source, very complementary, to be honest. I enjoyed it, and he makes his point for his audience, who know nothing whatsoever that doesn't need to be unlearned about how things work in the EPL. I would use this to explain why Everton represents such a special kind of quality, and then teach some history to the minuscule few who would listen.

The life long blues here and L4 historians will correctly note the ignorance of the perspective just as I would explain how to my knowledgable sports mates at work how Everton are the Detroit Tigers of soccer, or that Everton under Moyes is kind of like the Vikings under Bud Grant. Means nothing to most of you, but loads to the Grantland grazers. Horses for courses. You're not the audience.

There's a load of ignorance out there about a world of topics.

The two things go in hand and hand. And yes, I read it all. It's still patronising crap that strongly implies all Everton should be happy with is not getting relegated and directly has a go with fans who want more ambition by saying "shut up and be happy you're not portsmouth, ffs".

Fair enough, that's your conclusion. Mine is completely different though. I suppose we all take from it what we want.

Americans should never write about football ever. Other than the example as shown, this sentence is why:

'Everton wins 2 to 1.'

I can't stomach it. It enrages me so bad I'm tugging on my testicles just thinking about it.

On a ninth inning buzzer beating field goal.

From the source, very complementary, to be honest. I enjoyed it, and he makes his point for his audience, who know nothing whatsoever that doesn't need to be unlearned about how things work in the EPL. I would use this to explain why Everton represents such a special kind of quality, and then teach some history to the minuscule few who would listen.

The life long blues here and L4 historians will correctly note the ignorance of the perspective just as I would explain how to my knowledgable sports mates at work how Everton are the Detroit Tigers of soccer, or that Everton under Moyes is kind of like the Vikings under Bud Grant. Means nothing to most of you, but loads to the Grantland grazers. Horses for courses. You're not the audience.

There's a load of ignorance out there about a world of topics.

Pretty reasonable comparisons. I might have used the Oakland A's rather than the Tigers, but it still works.

The title of the article really puts me off reading it. 'Medium-sized' club is an insult to Everton FC, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.