Pre-season fixtures

Is it even an Everton pre-season if we don’t go to Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan and then lose 2-1 to a bog standard mid table La Liga side at Goodison.

You are forgetting the few days in the alps somewhere playing an amateur side that are about as competitive as a Sunday league team, but has been a ‘really good exercise’

Didn't we play Arsenal this season in America? Or was that last season. What's the point in these stupid pre season games in America, we missed our chance when we had 2 of America's best players and didn't take advantage of it. Why don't we play somewhere I Europe to give fans a decent away day. But now we will play a load of rubbish and end up playing some crap at GP, who don't bring in crowds. Why not get someone like Juventus, Barca, Dortmund or even Rangers or Celtic.

Didn't we play Arsenal this season in America? Or was that last season. What's the point in these stupid pre season games in America, we missed our chance when we had 2 of America's best players and didn't take advantage of it. Why don't we play somewhere I Europe to give fans a decent away day. But now we will play a load of rubbish and end up playing some crap at GP, who don't bring in crowds. Why not get someone like Juventus, Barca, Dortmund or even Rangers or Celtic.

because the PL is massive in America and they're desperate to throw money at getting any sides over.

You'll probably find the latter will still go; but the club are going to go where the money takes us.

Last year pre-season was class, Stade Nyonnais away with a few of the lads. Few days on the beers in Geneva which I am still financially recovering from. Hope we get somewhere away in Europe again rather than USA cost wise.

because the PL is massive in America and they're desperate to throw money at getting any sides over.

You'll probably find the latter will still go; but the club are going to go where the money takes us.
It was worth it, when we went there to play Juventus, Madrid and Valencia, when we had Tim Howard and unsurprisingly we started season decently, because we played decent sides. We need to simply focus on being ready for new season, rather than starting season lethargic.

Is it even an Everton pre-season if we don’t go to Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan and then lose 2-1 to a bog standard mid table La Liga side at Goodison.
Dont worry, whoever we play and beat or lose to. that will as always like every summer have people saying how the following season will go lol

...and, by the way, what a luxury to start this in April rather than May!

Any preferences for the summer fixtures?

Last summer's Brexit tour seems to have put a few hairs on their chests, so maybe a repeat of that as we know how superstitious they are now.

Maybe the club should be touring Ireland and Scotland and renewing old links there?

I think we can count ourselves out of the prestigious pre-season tournaments...I don't see it as Dycheian in any case.
All for the Ireland part of the trip.

Another game against Sligo Rovers to say farewell to Seamus...and hand them a few more quid for him because we stole him from them.
I think they'll give him another year, you know. He should deffo retire, but a couple of million quid is hard to refuse.