2023/24 Sean Dyche

I mean playing the most terrible style of football imaginable, Dyche doesn’t try to beat teams by being better than them he depends on being less bad than them. We rely on set pieces, we defend in numbers and try to seek a 1-0. Today was the perfect example of how we will continue to be under Sean Dyche, today’s game is success in his style of football. If you want Everton to be Burnley then you want Dyche, if you can only see a future of staving of relegation then again Sean Dyche is your man. If you want a club striving for success rather than staving of failure Dyche is not your man.
Fair enough and up to a point I agree but Arsenal have scored more set pieces than us and all teams defend in numbers, so I don't have an issue with those tactics. Admittedly, I would like to see more exciting open play but credit where it's due.

This season was going to be an improvement,
Dyche for full Season and a better squad
And what’s he done differently to win 4 out 5. Nothing for me,
Burnley was a terrible performance,
We got lucky from a keeper mistake,
Forest was a bit better, but 2 long range goals, we created nothing other than the goals, Forest had a higher XG and on another day get a couple of pens. Liverpool had a higher XG and enough chances to score 3 or 4 goals. Even yesterday was a poor performance, 1 shot on goal, Brentford had 4 shots and had nothing to play for.

Think it’s more to do with had the rub of the Green the last few weeks, maybe we were due some luck. Even Newcastle they shoud have been out of sight, before they gited us a pen
Imagine being this motivated to find fault in a manager who has done such an evidently brilliant job.

Just log off.

Imagine being this motivated to find fault in a manager who has done such an evidently brilliant job.

Just log off.
No I don’t log of unlike the likes of you when we haven’t won in 4 months, I’m not finding faults
Stating facts. As someone on here reckoned he’d changed to win 4 out of 5 and I disagreed
Worst winless run in 67yrs worst defeat in 19yrs. Lowest Scorers in the league from open play, but done a brilliant job

No I don’t log of unlike the likes of you when we haven’t won in 4 months, I’m not finding faults
Stating facts. As someone on here reckoned he’d changed to win 4 out of 5 and I disagreed
Worst winless run in 67yrs worst defeat in 19yrs. Lowest Scorers in the league from open play, but done a brilliant job
Absolutely he has.

Go and look at the poll results on him in the other thread and have a hard think why you're in the minority.

Oh and Dyche is your ginger overlord.

Sniff it.

Challenge next season with likely yet to no money again, is getting more goals in the team while keeping that strong defensive unit. Top 4 best for goals conceded and 2nd most clean sheets in the league, yet we bottom 3-4 for goals scored. If we can add more goals in we will be fine. Just need to get the recruitment spot on.

Anyway, whether he is here or not - he can easily mint it by doing an Allardyce and stabilising sinking clubs.

We can go out in summer, get Graham Potter or random manager from a foreign league - and we'd probably want to hire him back by Jan because our owner has stuffed it up again and the chosen manager is wilting under the pressure.

I assume he is contracted for next year anyway and sounds like it is decent money.

That’s unfortunately what we’ve got now, fans who’re happy to survive. Finishing 14th while playing like Wimbledon from the 90’s and you’re all made up.

After 2 consecutive seasons of surviving by the skin of our teeth, I don’t get the snobbery around being happy we survived with room to spare?

Nobody wants Everton to 'just survive', we all want to be competing for honours, but that’s completely unrealistic until the owner situation is sorted out.

I mean playing the most terrible style of football imaginable, Dyche doesn’t try to beat teams by being better than them he depends on being less bad than them. We rely on set pieces, we defend in numbers and try to seek a 1-0. Today was the perfect example of how we will continue to be under Sean Dyche, today’s game is success in his style of football. If you want Everton to be Burnley then you want Dyche, if you can only see a future of staving of relegation then again Sean Dyche is your man. If you want a club striving for success rather than staving of failure Dyche is not your man.

Targets for next season:

✅Stop scoring from your set piece opportunities
✅Make sure your points total are more evenly spread across across the season