2023/24 Sean Dyche

A remarkable achievement by Dyche to have won 44 points before deductions and have us safe with three games to go after the season we have been through.

I listened to him last night after the Brentford game. He said that he thought the team was playing better football at the start of the season but losing.
He said that he had to find a way to win games with this group and he did so, but the quality of football suffered.

However, I will sacrifice quality for results until such time as our financial position has stabilised, which does not appear to be anytime soon.

I expect now that survival is guaranteed that contract talks will start with manager and players alike.
Expect a contract extension for Dyche shortly.
I am sure they will try to sign up DCL as well or else he will be sold which I hope doesn't happen.

This season was going to be an improvement,
Dyche for full Season and a better squad
And what’s he done differently to win 4 out 5. Nothing for me,
Burnley was a terrible performance,
We got lucky from a keeper mistake,
Forest was a bit better, but 2 long range goals, we created nothing other than the goals, Forest had a higher XG and on another day get a couple of pens. Liverpool had a higher XG and enough chances to score 3 or 4 goals. Even yesterday was a poor performance, 1 shot on goal, Brentford had 4 shots and had nothing to play for.

Think it’s more to do with had the rub of the Green the last few weeks, maybe we were due some luck. Even Newcastle they shoud have been out of sight, before they gited us a pen
What about all the games where we spanked the opposition in xg but lost....

Can't have it both ways.

A remarkable achievement by Dyche to have won 44 points before deductions and have us safe with three games to go after the season we have been through.

I listened to him last night after the Brentford game. He said that he thought the team was playing better football at the start of the season but losing.
He said that he had to find a way to win games with this group and he did so, but the quality of football suffered.

However, I will sacrifice quality for results until such time as our financial position has stabilised, which does not appear to be anytime soon.

I expect now that survival is guaranteed that contract talks will start with manager and players alike.
I am sure they will try to sign up DCL as well or else he will be sold which I hope doesn't happen.

I think what he's said was fair. We've played better football this season and been, seemingly, unlucky having created more than the opposition teams and been unable to put the ball in the net. That seemed to tail off towards the end of that winless run where we were being outplayed and not winning, which is a worrying combination.

The last 3 games we've played maybe not as great football and not created as much as earlier in the season, but we've ground out results. There's been plenty of complaints on here about xG etc being meaningless and results being all that matters, so presumably they'll be happy now that there's been some substance.

In any case, there's plenty of work to do but this, regardless of any of the arguments seen on here all season, has been a season of progress despite all the off-field challenges we've faced.

Can't have it both ways.

Can't have it both ways.
It was tongue in cheek,
Because dyche himself and loads of fans have constantly banged on about XG,
Funny they havent mentioned it recently.

I think what he's said was fair. We've played better football this season and been, seemingly, unlucky having created more than the opposition teams and been unable to put the ball in the net. That seemed to tail off towards the end of that winless run where we were being outplayed and not winning, which is a worrying combination.

The last 3 games we've played maybe not as great football and not created as much as earlier in the season, but we've ground out results. There's been plenty of complaints on here about xG etc being meaningless and results being all that matters, so presumably they'll be happy now that there's been some substance.

In any case, there's plenty of work to do but this, regardless of any of the arguments seen on here all season, has been a season of progress despite all the off-field challenges we've faced.
Genuine question,
Where Would you expect this group of players,
With hardly any major injuries, 9
Of the regular starting 11 have been fit all season.

To finish
Edit with a competent mananger

Come on mate spill the beans and we can make a nice few quid. And you take over from theEsk as GOT number 1 ITK
Dont need to be theEsk to be able to read various reputable media outlets that tell a similar story that they are basically a failed invewtment structure or maybe a ponzi scheme....vultures are circling them.

I dunno mate, you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about them so you tell me.
The thing is everyone is bringing up Brighton, I think they’re one of the lowest spenders over the last couple of years and have lost 6/7 of their first team in the last 2 years. And had injuries this season, yet have been top half all season untill the last few weeks, even with the top 10 deduction we’ve been in the bottom half all season.

No I don’t log of unlike the likes of you when we haven’t won in 4 months, I’m not finding faults
Stating facts. As someone on here reckoned he’d changed to win 4 out of 5 and I disagreed
Worst winless run in 67yrs worst defeat in 19yrs. Lowest Scorers in the league from open play, but done a brilliant job
Whats that saying, there are lies, damned lies and statistics. Statistics are just facts in wolves clothing.......anyone can use statistics to make a point about something. Politicians make a career out of it. Winless run this, winless run that, worst defeat, this worst defeat that, lowest scorers this, lowest scorers that...at the end of the day he has improved our league position from last year and its a seasons work as the boss says. What did you expect, Real Madrid, with this squad and under this duress....
Maybe its the hardest run of games we have had for 67 years, or maybe look at points won during the run of games...is that the worst points for 67 years.

I can't see contract talks with Dyche at the moment, it will have to wait for the ownership issue to be sorted and the new owners will then decide if they want to keep Dyche or not. It's not an issue yet as he still has a year left. For what it's worth, I don't see him here beyond the end of his current contract, summer 2025.

Whats that saying, there are lies, damned lies and statistics. Statistics are just facts in wolves clothing.......anyone can use statistics to make a point about something. Politicians make a career out of it. Winless run this, winless run that, worst defeat, this worst defeat that, lowest scorers this, lowest scorers that...at the end of the day he has improved our league position from last year and its a seasons work as the boss says. What did you expect, Real Madrid, with this squad and under this duress....
Maybe its the hardest run of games we have had for 67 years, or maybe look at points won during the run of games...is that the worst points for 67 years.
arguably it’s the easiest prem season in history, due to the bottom 3 this season. We’re the lowest scorers in the league from open play That’s a fact, which is embarrassing considering the bottom 3.

We should have improved this season,
For some of the reasons above and dyche is a better manager than Lampard, has had. Full season not 18 games and he has a better squad

Genuine question,
Where Would you expect this group of players,
With hardly any major injuries, 9
Of the regular starting 11 have been fit all season.

To finish
Edit with a competent mananger

Behave lad. We've barely had a right side.

I dont think any one could have got this side as drilled as Dyche has.