Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes we're level with Brentford and Palace are 1 point ahead of us. You would therefore think all 3 teams would be similar odds, but they are 20/1 and we are 5/1
This is spot on. Forest deep in this now with Luton, Sheff and Burnley. I thought this weekend was a banana skin since Bournemouth would be soft away.

But we got our bit of luck and hung on.

A win will build confidence - gotta take that forward..

I do share the wider forum view about the quality and method in our play. I was grateful for Dyche for lifting our physicality and effort last season to secure Prem status from a bleak position. He's had no money, Beto did not look dangerous enough to me in his chances on was poor in his time on Saturday. And yet after beating Newcastle and Chelsea I don't think many of us foresaw where we are now. The tricky Christmas run and 10pts massively obliterated confidence.

Dyche's still getting work rate out the players though so we have to back our boys from here for the remainder this season. GP is PROVEN BIG FACTOR in that.

COYB

I get that, and like another poster said I think they’ll be safe, but watching them against Spurs they looked streets better than us.

I keep seeing people say Luton are a better side than us as well. And yet in the last 10 games we’ve earned more points than Luton and one 1 fewer than Forest. As we saw on Saturday, you can be nice and neat and tidy on the ball like Burnley, but if you don’t get the results then it means nothing.

Maybe Forest will stay up, but to suggest they’re streets ahead of us after watching them lose 3-1 seems a bit odd.

I keep seeing people say Luton are a better side than us as well. And yet in the last 10 games we’ve earned more points than Luton and one 1 fewer than Forest. As we saw on Saturday, you can be nice and neat and tidy on the ball like Burnley, but if you don’t get the results then it means nothing.

Maybe Forest will stay up, but to suggest they’re streets ahead of us after watching them lose 3-1 seems a bit odd.
Not sure if you’ve been going to Goodison this season but if you can’t see that forest are streets ahead of us then I’m not sure what you’ve been watching. Man for man their players are not better than our, but they are better coached.

Not sure if you’ve been going to Goodison this season but if you can’t see that forest are streets ahead of us then I’m not sure what you’ve been watching. Man for man their players are not better than our, but they are better coached.

I was at Goodison on Saturday mate. It wasn’t pretty.

But my point is that despite all the talk of how Forest play better football than us, or Luton show more fight than us, they’re still behind us in the league and their recent form (results wise) is no better than ours.

I was at Goodison on Saturday mate. It wasn’t pretty.

But my point is that despite all the talk of how Forest play better football than us, or Luton show more fight than us, they’re still behind us in the league and their recent form (results wise) is no better than ours.
Both those things are true.

Luton attack more than we do and Forest play far better football.

However we have accumulated more points because of an emphasis on defence .

It's ugly horrible football but relatively effective.

It might keep you in the division but you will never really progress playing negative football and eventually you will lose a big section of your fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.