2023/24 Sean Dyche

We don't know that though because he's only ever managed two crap teams.

He talks the talk on his playing style and he's openly said loads how he plays with what he has to get him the best chance of results.

We are seeing what happens at Burnley when you try style over substance. We directly benefited from it today. Kompany spent more in one summer than Dyche did in all his time there. The hipsters wanted Kompany in the summer.
Who wanted kompany ? I don’t remember loads in here or twitter , shouting for him.

Dyche took a better Burnley team down. Kompany has targeted mainly younger players, maybe just maybe Burnley have a long term plan. And wanted to get away from
Dyche’s pulling teeth football

giphy.gif

The football is absolutely garbage and he is an obvious dinosaur, but we are a basket case of a club in every sense. I wish I could say we could sack Dyche and do better but I'm far from convinced. Who would even be making the decision to get rid of him? I doubt even anyone at the club knows.

Listening to the atmosphere today, I think most Evertonians feel like me. Completely drained not just by the last few seasons but by the last 30 years. What even are we as a club any more? That transition from being one of the biggest teams in the land to where we are now has happened without barely a murmur. We now have the first generation of fans coming through whose parents have known nothing but failure and it absolutely kills me because that expectation of failure runs deep through the club l.

But that's where we are right now and probably will be for a long, long time. We can type with fury about wanting Dyche out (and I completely understand that) but I just wish people had been more passionate about getting rid of our chairman 25 years ago.

The football is absolutely garbage and he is an obvious dinosaur, but we are a basket case of a club in every sense. I wish I could say we could sack Dyche and do better but I'm far from convinced. Who would even be making the decision to get rid of him? I doubt even anyone at the club knows.

Listening to the atmosphere today, I think most Evertonians feel like me. Completely drained not just by the last few seasons but by the last 30 years. What even are we as a club any more? That transition from being one of the biggest teams in the land to where we are now has happened without barely a murmur. We now have the first generation of fans coming through whose parents have known nothing but failure and it absolutely kills me because that expectation of failure runs deep through the club l.

But that's where we are right now and probably will be for a long, long time. We can type with fury about wanting Dyche out (and I completely understand that) but I just wish people had been more passionate about getting rid of our chairman 25 years ago.
Nobody cheered the goal or the final whistle around me. Gifted a win by a team that could probably do the 9 points better they'd need to catch us up (with our forthcoming deduction) if they didn't try to play like City with players not even close to suitable for that.

Good post Chieftain.

The atmosphere around the place reminds me of Newcastle pre Saudi's. I feel like we need a similar type of takeover to put a shot in the arm of the whole club.

777 or a partial takeover by MSP doesn't really change things in my opinion.

It's a really good post this mate and hope it doesn't get lost between a lot of other posts.

"What are we as a club anymore?"

That is a very good question.

Dyche 100% isn't the answer whether we stay up or go down. Him and his staff simply can't coach a squad to produce anything that looks similar to football so he has to go in the summer regardless. The type of football/set up we've seen at Goodison is unacceptable.

Saying that, wouldn't it be nice if there was a genuine footballing person in charge to make that decision and replace him with someone who could build something.

The club is a mess, that is the only thing that is certain

I am not sure what world some Evertonians live in but it certainly isn't the real one.
Our midfield three today was made up of the only three players available, there was no one else there and I still read someone giving out about the selection earlier in the day.
Our choices on the right side of the team are 39 year old Ashley Young or Harrisson whose form has completely dropped off a cliff. The right hand side of the team had Young and Seamus Coleman who is 35.
On the left side we have Dwight McNeill...... or nobody , there is no one else.
We don't have a single creative player in the team, which for me is the main cause of our problems.
We have strikers who don't score, but as there are no chances being created for them it isn't a surprise they don't score.

I look at the bench today and there really were no options available.

I am amazed that we have earned 35 points this season so far. We have a tiny squad of mostly average players, we have no money to spend and unfortunately we are a club that will be talked about as relegation contenders for some time.... that is if we are not relegated in the first place.

We are not attractive to most established managers because of the quality of the squad and the lack of a budget to do anything about it, unless of course we sell Branthwaite and Onana whose sale then weakens the team enormously.

I see mention of young managers being brought in to replace the current manager but the challenge at Everton would very quickly bury them and any future they may have in the game.

Sean Dyche had years of experience at Burnley dealing with similar circumstances. I think he is probably the best option for considering where we are right now.

We have to try to survive in the Premiership by any means possible, get rid over the next couple of seasons of the last of the expensive deadwood, try to recruit young talent cheaply and develop them over time..... I just don't see a magic bullet that will solve our problems quickly.