2023/24 Sean Dyche

That's not happening at all though.
Of course it is. You lot pick a member and make him into a pantomime villain, you all round on him like you're doing with Kev and deride and belittle them, picking their posts apart to make an argument. There's someone been told on the fourth choice right back's thread that nobody likes him, that's primary school playground levels. It's mad that grown men spend so much time on here engaging in this behaviour - I looked in here this morning and again early evening and there's one antagonist been at it all day.

Yeah, and persisting with Keane over Mina was insane.
I just hope there was some sort of contractual issue dictating that because it made 0 footballing sense.
Hard to say with Mina as we don't know for sure what was coming out of the medical / physio room. One thing in Dyche's favour is that he seems very reluctant to risk players breaking down when they're recovering.

While DCL has hardly set the world on fire at least he seems capable of playing games without breaking down again - a big part of that could be because, for once, he's had a manager who's been willing to take the harder short term for a longer term benefit.

We don't know that though because he's only ever managed two crap teams.

He talks the talk on his playing style and he's openly said loads how he plays with what he has to get him the best chance of results.

We are seeing what happens at Burnley when you try style over substance. We directly benefited from it today. Kompany spent more in one summer than Dyche did in all his time there. The hipsters wanted Kompany in the summer.

Dyche also got relegated with Burnley twice despite playing the way he does.

I agree Kompany has been very naive but they've got a young and Championship level squad, they'd be going down anyway. We took their best players last year.

Of course it is. You lot pick a member and make him into a pantomime villain, you all round on him like you're doing with Kev and deride and belittle them, picking their posts apart to make an argument. There's someone been told on the fourth choice right back's thread that nobody likes him, that's primary school playground levels. It's mad that grown men spend so much time on here engaging in this behaviour - I looked in here this morning and again early evening and there's one antagonist been at it all day.
I have no idea what any of this means or how it relates to Sean Dyche mate.

Dyche also got relegated with Burnley twice despite playing the way he does.

I agree Kompany has been very naive but they've got a young and Championship level squad, they'd be going down anyway. We took their best players last year.

Kompany took over a Burnley team that just went down and has spent a fortune.

Dyche tookover a Burnley team that sat 14th in the Championship in October and got them promoted that same season.

Make no mistake, the team Kompany is relegating this season should be stronger than the team that got relegated under Dyche.

Shared my opinion before;

If you're going to say he got Burnley relegated, maybe also mention the context. He joined in October or something when in Championship with Burnley in 14th. Got them promoted that season/immediately. They went right back down as favourites to do so. He got them promoted again and stayed up against the odds for a very long time and even had a season in Europe despite not having a pot to piss in. The season they went down, I think they stay up if Newcastle didn't activate Chris Wood's release clause that January. That was a massive blessing for us.

I read a Burnley fan comment the other day that Kompany spent more last summer than Dyche did in all his years there. Dyche averaged a net spend of £9m per season and at one time, with a wage bill of less than Ronaldo at Man Utd. To have kept them up for as long as he did was a real achievement. Apparently, Kompany spent more last summer than Dyche did in all his years there. This is what Kompany spent;

View attachment 234234

... and he'll send them right down.

Dyche's history is what it is - what I'm interested in is if he can kick on and develop and progress a club.

Kompany took over a Burnley team that just went down and has spent a fortune.

Dyche tookover a Burnley team that sat 14th in the Championship in October and got them promoted that same season.

Make no mistake, the team Kompany is relegating this season should be stronger than the team that got relegated under Dyche.

Shared my opinion before;
this all rings a bit of Mike Walker got Norwich to 3rd and knocked Bayern out of the UEFA cup.

as goat pointed out, in his last season at Burnley, he won 4 out of 30 (one being against us).
I also think he seems to be regressing. Tho for me the tide turned after the first 75 mins against Doncaster.
I dunno, all I want to do is watch a team look semi competent.

I have no idea what any of this means or how it relates to Sean Dyche mate.
Burnley
Forest
Sheff Utd
Luton

One down, three to go. It's still in our hands, but that today was abominable. Every side in the league can't wait to face us, we are bobbins!

Thanks for being the lightning rod SJB. IIRC There were few giving the side and Dyche a dose down the banks this afternoon.

Yeah, I also think if it wasn’t for ‘the noise’ and the points deductions we’d have played better football

Everyone was terrified today, as it has been every time we’ve played Palace, Bournemouth similar recently but it’s because the players know we desperately need results.

We played some decent stuff when the pressure was off a bit but confidence is wrecked right now.

Unless we can build a better squad (can’t afford it) next season is Dyche’s audition. Can he build on 35 plus whatever else we get points but also play a style we want to come to Goodison to watch? If he can’t, keep us in the premier league and we’ll amicably part ways once the stadium is done.
Dyche ain’t Changing his style mate, what have you seen that makes you think that.

We played bottom of league 2 Doncaster in the cup and it was them trying to play football, while we went long. Dyche has 18 to do his audition and he’s failed