2023/24 Sean Dyche

What you're suggesting is that Benitez should never have been appointed as EFC manager in the first place which is a debate for a different time.

Ultimately however he was apppointed manager and with that came a responsibility from the chairman to act in a manner thats good for business.

At the time of Benitez's dismissal - we were 16th, a buffer zone away from the bottom 3, just getting key players back from injury & had the January transfer window to invest in players that suited the managers system.

A wise business decision, would have been to have allowed the manager to see us to safety, sound out potential replacements in the summer if the situation still warranted it & brought in a higher calibre of manager with the benefit of a summer transfer window & pre season with the squad.

Instead, the chairman did his usual act of trying to appease the fans with sentimentality, by relieving the manager of his duties way too prematurely, bringing in a serial loser as his replacement based not on his CV but of his "likeable" personality, allowing that manager's close family contact to negotiate in bringing in Dele Alli on big wages (and Van Der Beek on loan) and ultimately leave us with a ticking time bomb and millions of pounds flushed down the drain in paying off the former manager at a time of funds being tight & the PL looking at our books.

Decisions like this born out of sentimentality, like giving contract extensions to players like Coleman despite having suffered a serious injury at an age of near retirement, jobs for the boys contracts for players like Tom Davies is the reason why the business has failed.

If a businessman like @ForeverBlue92 was chairman and not someone like Bill Kenwright, this club would have been in a much more productive position these past couple of decades.

I see the same scenario with Mr Dyche, a decision to spend tens of millions of pounds to pot him would be a further act of folly.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/s8lZxA5Jmempa" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Last edited:

What winds me up is him bringing Stefan Defour in once every 3 months to 'mentor' Onana. If he's such a good midfield whisperer why isn't he on the coaching staff full time? And if he's not good enough then why are we bothering at all?

He's surrounded himself with yes men so wouldn't be surprised of he added Defour.

On the training vids all you can hear is Steve Stone with his shooting drill "yes great finish Tarky, yes great finish Jimmy, yes great finish Jack".

Woan, who is an Evertonian from a family of Evertonians and in the greatest coaching job he will ever get in his life, should be embarrassed by some of the performances on show because as the 1st team coach, that falls on him.

Dyche, just like he said when he joined, he's like marmite and you'll either love him or hate him. Well, he's come across as a weak, timid, massively out of his depth Manager when given the greatest job he'll ever be given and I bloody hate marmite.

Whether he takes us down, keeps us up or not, this will be his last season at Everton because any new investor/takeover won't be wasting next season with these dossers.

Happy Easter Dyche, you crumbling sack of 💩 ..
Another wkend ruined, and then I have to Listen to you bumble on with your Excuses.
We've been handed so many good wkends with the results of the teams around us, and this is what we get.
your taking us down, so just zip it !!

£55 million on two strikers that he barely gives a chance to, even on deferred payments, says otherwise, add the loan fees for Danjuma and Harrison plus the wage outlay for Young

The terms of payment are what led to those signings.

If Dyche/Thelwell had no restrictions he'll have likely signed someone like Wood who would have fired us into midtable.

Again, context is everything.

Ive no idea why anybody even engages with him, he does nothing but slate everybody on here and thinks hes superior.
Not that I've ever seen.
I really am starting to think you’re clinically insane 🐷
Yeah cause that's funny yeah?
All your buddies will probably like this so good job eh, pal.

While I enjoy reading this forum, I have to say that the amount of bullying and stuff that people get away with on here is a joke.

I happen to agree with plenty that "FB92" says ,and there's plenty that I do not.
I also think the 3rd person is kinda funny and I'm sure that's the way he means it!

The amount of abuse he takes on here is an absolute disgrace.

Clique forum full of lamers it seems.

A forum is all about differing views, that is the actual point of a forum.

12 without a win.
giphy.gif

Sack him and get someone in for the run in who can motivate a team. We need a Gary O'Neil, Tim Sherwood or Craig Bellamy type who can get players to buy in to their methods quickly and turn this sinking ship around.

Not that I've ever seen.

Yeah cause that's funny yeah?
All your buddies will probably like this so good job eh, pal.

While I enjoy reading this forum, I have to say that the amount of bullying and stuff that people get away with on here is a joke.

I happen to agree with plenty that "FB92" says ,and there's plenty that I do not.
I also think the 3rd person is kinda funny and I'm sure that's the way he means it!

The amount of abuse he takes on here is an absolute disgrace.

Clique forum full of lamers it seems.

A forum is all about differing views, that is the actual point of a forum.
200w.gif