2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

So all our team woes are down to one player = DCL?
Not the fact our wingers are so slow ?
We don't move forwards as a team ?
Plus we have very little in midfield ?

He has missed a few sitters I have agreed, but when Beto has come on so as he ......

Its the midfield & wingers imo

Nobody has ever claimed that as far as i can see. You're trying to push an angle that no one is claiming.
We're talking about not a single goal since october last year. Its now march. Just a few here and there would have been nice. You know, like even the no service sheff united striker has even managed.
Lets have a goal tomorrow dom. Just one. We're not greedy

Nobody has ever claimed that as far as i can see. You're trying to push an angle that no one is claiming.
We're talking about not a single goal since october last year. Its now march. Just a few here and there would have been nice. You know, like even the no service sheff united striker has even managed.
Lets have a goal tomorrow dom. Just one. We're not greedy
How many chances did he miss at Brighton ? NIL - in fact when he went off - we missed his hold up play as we just caved in falling back ....look I would not be upset if he was dropped, & just see if we can have a better system for attacking play plus goals from open football at home ....

He's in that moment where he's so desperate for a goal he's probably trying too hard and not being composed as he could be. I also could be full of poo but it's not out of the realms of possibility. We all know how much confidence can play a part in a players performance.

I thought Dyche would have took him out of the firing line for a couple of games but he persists. I have faith Dom will start scoring again once he gets one in. I still think he is doing too much donkey work and I think his goal shortage stands out more because barely anyone else is scoring either. It's a team problem not just DCL.

Dyche has to decide whether to rest DCL & try a different formation -on Saturday in a must win game - Onana has stated DCL he's a damn good midfielder in training - he at least has speed & can hold the ball up - Play Beto or Chemitti upfront & sacrifice a winger as we just don't have pace in the midfield - Playing DCL a bit deeper may work or just see if Dyche can select a winning formation - we need goals not just from set pieces - Onana they reckon is 50-50 with a slight groin strain - Gana definitely out .....

I just want Dobbin to come on instead of Ashley Young too ....

Dyche has to select a winning team on Saturday to pull us further away from relegation trouble
A rest? The lad is in his prime years and plays once a week in the league ffs.

No domestic cup games, no Europe and no internationals for our superhero number 9.

He can’t even play his usual position well, why in gods name would we shoehorn him into a position that he’s never played?

How many chances did he miss at Brighton ? NIL - in fact when he went off - we missed his hold up play as we just caved in falling back ....look I would not be upset if he was dropped, & just see if we can have a better system for attacking play plus goals from open football at home ....

We're going around in circles here. So basically unless anyone ever creates chances for him there is zero chance of him ever doing what even basic strikers do now and then. Grab an opportunist chance by themselves. Totally ignoring the fact he had 17 chances in the previous 5 matches and hit the target once
Lets just hope he scores tomorrow. Im keeping the faith joey. I'm even gona put 50p on him to be the first goal scorer. He's now at 200-1.

So all our team woes are down to one player = DCL?
Not the fact our wingers are so slow ?
We don't move forwards as a team ?
Plus we have very little in midfield ?

He has missed a few sitters I have agreed, but when Beto has come on so as he ......

Its the midfield & wingers imo
Every other outfield player is scoring consistently Joey. That's why all the focus is on Dom ;)

Every other outfield player is scoring consistently Joey. That's why all the focus is on Dom ;)
Yes in my day one midfielder scored 17 =Alan Ball - \bobby Collins was in that category as well - Tim Cahill has been the recent next best scoring midfielder .... I just want a bit more creative football & players in the oppositions box - IMO that's why our home form is so poor, we can't break any team who defends deep ..... no pace in the engine room & a massive gap between one attacker & our set-up...... plus Pickford is our main playmaker with HOOF.... sad, but true

Yes in my day one midfielder scored 17 =Alan Ball - \bobby Collins was in that category as well - Tim Cahill has been the recent next best scoring midfielder .... I just want a bit more creative football & players in the oppositions box - IMO that's why our home form is so poor, we can't break any team who defends deep ..... no pace in the engine room & a massive gap between one attacker & our set-up...... plus Pickford is our main playmaker with HOOF.... sad, but true
You can add McNeil, Richarluson and Fellaini to the list of midfielders who have finished the season as our leading goal scorers in recent years, closely followed by Sigurdsson, Barkley and Mirallas.

He is doing pretty crap lately yet he is still by far our best option up front.

Sums us up really.

People are right to moan about his lack of goals but its pretty futile too as its not like he is keeping a boss obvious replacement out of the team.

Been saying for a while now, he needs one to go off his arse or something. Just to get that feeling back.

He is not a bad player, more an instinctive finisher than composed, so my hope is that he just needs that 'lucky' goal to get, as mentioned, the feeling of scoring and then you hope the confidence will then follow.

Been saying for a while now, he needs one to go off his arse or something. Just to get that feeling back.

He is not a bad player, more an instinctive finisher than composed, so my hope is that he just needs that 'lucky' goal to get, as mentioned, the feeling of scoring and then you hope the confidence will then follow.
Maybe needs to have a 1:1 training session with Niasse for that