VAR

First situation, if you're onside when your teammate plays it you're onside, no matter what touches a defender takes. Second situation, it depends on the circumstances: Arsenal's goal that was disallowed earlier this season was correctly ruled out because Beto had practically no chance to control the touch. I think it would be really harsh on defenders if every one of their touches was treated in the way you say.
That would lead to situations where there would be no reason to try and block a cross.

Similar situation happened in ice hockey many years ago when they introduced a delay of game 2 minute minor penalty for shooting the puck directly over the glass. It lead to situations where players trying to score a goal were penalised for trying and they had to change the rule so that it applied only in your defensive end.

I think during a goal VAR should be allowed to check for only one thing. It would save a lot of time with the re refereeing the game but also everyone wants goals.

If there is a potential offside in the buildup then it should be the linesman’s job to say that and var to check, if checked and onside then goal given but from there they can’t check anything else.

If there is a foul on the buildup it’s the ref’s job to highlight that and the foul can be checked.

But you shouldn’t be allowed to check for anything that can disallow the goal. Goals are being nit picked, was it off, was it a handball, was their a foul. The rule should be a one check system for a goal and if there is something else in the build up we go back to saying well tough and the ref/linesman should of done their jobs better.
This is about the only way I think they could make it worse! Imagine we were in an important game and they checked a goal against us for offside and they're sat in Stockley Park watching the striker punch the ball into the net but he's not allowed to say anything because it wasn't what he got asked to check we'd be raging!

This is about the only way I think they could make it worse! Imagine we were in an important game and they checked a goal against us for offside and they're sat in Stockley Park watching the striker punch the ball into the net but he's not allowed to say anything because it wasn't what he got asked to check we'd be raging!
That would be upto the ref to highlight the handball and blow up for the foul though. If it was offside it’s upto the lineo to flag for an offside. Either way which ever here was highlighted first should be the thing that is checked. If it’s onside but handballed into the net then so be it. The rule would then be ‘we are only checking one thing as goals are what keeps the game entertaining’ sure there would be errors. But right now they check everything and there are still loads of errors.

Even the other week against Villa. They scored against us but it was offside. Now that was checked but it got to a point where everyone in the stadium around me was saying ‘just give the goal and let us carry on, it’s taking ages’. Var in this scenario was right because the player was offside.

That would be upto the ref to highlight the handball and blow up for the foul though. If it was offside it’s upto the lineo to flag for an offside. Either way which ever here was highlighted first should be the thing that is checked. If it’s onside but handballed into the net then so be it. The rule would then be ‘we are only checking one thing as goals are what keeps the game entertaining’ sure there would be errors. But right now they check everything and there are still loads of errors.

Even the other week against Villa. They scored against us but it was offside. Now that was checked but it got to a point where everyone in the stadium around me was saying ‘just give the goal and let us carry on, it’s taking ages’. Var in this scenario was right because the player was offside.
Just get rid of the whole thing if we're doing that though its pointless having goals checked if there's a massive elephant in the room where you're checking for offside and someone's 3 yards onside but then they've clearly fouled someone or handballed it and you have to say it counts, it would be better not to check at all. It would make a lot more sense to just do quick checks in general just watch a quick replay or two and say yes it looks fine or no he handballed it, don't get the protractors out and draw loads of lines nobody cares but just make sure there hasn't been a massive mistake made. In cricket if you review an LBW they'll still check for a catch and a no ball if they need to they don't just say unlucky you appealed for the wrong thing lads that would be stupid.

Just get rid of the whole thing if we're doing that though its pointless having goals checked if there's a massive elephant in the room where you're checking for offside and someone's 3 yards onside but then they've clearly fouled someone or handballed it and you have to say it counts, it would be better not to check at all. It would make a lot more sense to just do quick checks in general just watch a quick replay or two and say yes it looks fine or no he handballed it, don't get the protractors out and draw loads of lines nobody cares but just make sure there hasn't been a massive mistake made. In cricket if you review an LBW they'll still check for a catch and a no ball if they need to they don't just say unlucky you appealed for the wrong thing lads that would be stupid.
Ok sorry, I mean, I didn’t exactly send my idea in or anything. It was just a thought.

Ok sorry, I mean, I didn’t exactly send my idea in or anything. It was just a thought.
I'm only answering you lad you gave an idea and I said I didn't think it would help thats how discussions normally go on these things its not a personal dig. I can deal with VAR being scrapped and I can deal with it being just used as a way of stopping major cockups but I don't think what you're suggesting is a good idea because the whole point of it is to see things the referee might not have seen so if you're not doing that why bother.

I see they are talking about trialing sin bins in the FA Cup next season, just another thing to interfere with the game, starting to thoroughly lose interest tbh.

What a load of crap.

Why should a player have to leave the field after making a 'tactical' foul?

And dissent is very rarely punished now anyway, it would just be another punishment that's not used.

What a load of crap.

Why should a player have to leave the field after making a 'tactical' foul?

And dissent is very rarely punished now anyway, it would just be another punishment that's not used.

It's a part of grass roots now (I manage a Saturday team). For the most part it's never used apart from when it's a verbal altercation if needed off a challenge that's not deemed bookable

Sin bins will make the game so dull.
How often do we see a team shut up shop when they go down to 10 men?
Temporarily down to 10 men? Even more likely. Just get all players behind the ball and wait until the player comes back on.