6 + 2 Point Deductions

But of course a ten point deduction is a de facto fine of anywhere between 10m (prize money) and 100m plus (relegation) depending on the ultimate effect on the table. So if the financial penalty is going to be there anyway then why not limit it to just that rather than also messing with the league table.

I don’t think it would be unreasonable to implement a system where if you go over 105 you pay a fine equal to the amount you are over. That would be enough to make clubs think twice about their spending but also doesn’t kill clubs who slip over due to uncontrollable factors etc, and you avoid the annual chaos of points deductions flying about towards the end of the season.

And don’t get me started on the “we can’t fine you because Moshiri is rich” line. I hope our silky friend has ripped that to shreds for a start.

Yep. I think they will get rid of the rule altogether tbh. Replace it with some proof of funding every year.

Just thinking. Maybe being thick here. We are appealing to another ‘independent’ panel.

So they either say, yee the punishment stands, or no the punishment doesnt stand.

Who then decides the ‘new’ punishment?

These ‘independent panels’ will be mixing in the same circle as the first ‘independant panel’, some mates, some even colleagues. Are they going to make they’re colleagues/mates look stupid by saykng they got it wring??

I have my doubts.

Everton and premier league should reach ‘out of court settlement’ imo.