6 + 2 Point Deductions

If the commision accepted it they could have got it in the rulebook.

Thankfully they rejected it as it helps us.
I am pretty sure they could not as any rule changes or new rules need to be approved by the clubs(the shareholders). The PL board had the same sanction framework rejected by the clubs a few years earlier and tried to introduce a policy(not a rule) via the IC.
If the clubs have not agreed a rule with a 2/3rds majority then it cannot apply.
I think this is why the IC were at pains to “reject” the formula in the report but ended up with a sanction that matched the rejected formula perfectly…what a coincidence!!

I am pretty sure they could not as any rule changes or new rules need to be approved by the clubs(the shareholders). The PL board had the same sanction framework rejected by the clubs a few years earlier and tried to introduce a policy(not a rule) via the IC.
If the clubs have not agreed a rule with a 2/3rds majority then it cannot apply.
I think this is why the IC were at pains to “reject” the formula in the report but ended up with a sanction that matched the rejected formula perfectly…what a coincidence!!

If it was approved they could have brought it to a vote. How that vote would have happened is anyones guess.

Yeah, reaching FFP gridlock. We need to be wary if our solution to this year’s FFP is to sell someone before 30 June as we did with Richarlison because if no one has the headroom they’ll all be planning to buy from 1 July.
Also a risk of selling cheap on 30th June to scrape compliance only for the rules to not even apply at all 24 hours later. They are properly in a corner with this mess. By rights they should surely announce (and get agreement on) rules before an accounting period starts. If they vote for new rules for 24/25 onwards in the next few months, forcing compliance this year would be a joke.

mines horrendous. i can’t shake this and the relegation thread off
The last few years have been difficult, I`ve just been thinking that at the end of the season, if we can stay up all the bad stuff will be behind us and hopefully they (Whoever run the club!) can grow the club again.... well that was before the second referral... when will it end? The new owners can`t get approved.... I would just like to go in to next season on a level playing field with the rest of the league with all these problems behind us but I fear we won`t.

Yeah, reaching FFP gridlock. We need to be wary if our solution to this year’s FFP is to sell someone before 30 June as we did with Richarlison because if no one has the headroom they’ll all be planning to buy from 1 July.

Good point mate, kinda what I was getting at.

That’s the thing, what happens when demand drops, less players move, the market becomes depressed, prices drop, money doesn’t circulate, it becomes difficult to sell, impacts income, clubs find it hard to raise capital. We last saw it during Covid.

Basic laws of supply and demand.

Would the market be this quiet without PAS.

Under regulation can be dangerous but over regulation can be do.

Whats happened to us and Forest has a lot of clubs reeling imo and has negatively shocked and depressed the market and that has secondary consequences as above.

Last edited:
The last few years have been difficult, I`ve just been thinking that at the end of the season, if we can stay up all the bad stuff will be behind us and hopefully they (Whoever run the club!) can grow the club again.... well that was before the second referral... when will it end? The new owners can`t get approved.... I would just like to go in to next season on a level playing field with the rest of the league with all these problems behind us but I fear we won`t.

what i would give!

That’s the thing, what happens when demand drops mate, less players move, the market becomes depressed, prices drop, money doesn’t circulate, it becomes difficult to sell, impacts income, clubs find it hard to raise capital. We last saw it during Covid.

Basic laws of supply and demand.

Would the market be this quiet without PAS.

Under regulation can be dangerous but over regulation can be do.

Whats happened to us and Forest has a lot of clubs are reeling imo and has negatively shocked and depressed the market and that has secondary consequences as above.

it’s all chinese to me! lol