6 + 2 Point Deductions

I don't think many clubs do, and if the ones who do have owners who are allowed and willing to cover it, then I don't see an issue.
It's all fine until that owner then gets into financial difficulties themselves and then leaves the club in mountains of debt. The fit and proper test is complete b/s really because circumstances in life and business are always changing. I agree they shouldn't let corrupt or folks without the means run clubs but once you are in, you are deemed fit and proper even though circumstances may change.

I agree that most clubs probably don't see losing that kind of money as acceptable but it seems to me, on this forum, that a lot of our fans think it is entirely acceptable.

"My lot".... you really are an utter cretin. Always the response of someone losing an argument... "you must be RS." [Poor language removed].
No I only use that on you and GwladysNight who I've put on ignore. Don't worry mate I'll just put you on ignore as well. Also we are exchanging opinions not having an argument, so there's no winner or loser. I don't blame you for your point of view, I just wonder why you're airing it on an Everton forum

No I only use that on you and GwladysNight who I've put on ignore. Don't worry mate I'll just put you on ignore as well. Also we are exchanging opinions not having an argument, so there's no winner or loser. I don't blame you for your point of view, I just wonder why you're airing it on an Everton forum
Fool.

They're trying to discourage teams from breaching and they see a points deduction as the best way to do it, which it is, as you then gain no advantage from overspending.

They are trying, no succeeding to stop other teams trying to break into the top six, United, City, Liverpool have kit deals worth more than £105m per three years. FFP means nothing to them.

It's happening anyway, not a hard cap like the NFL but not being allowed to spend more than 70% on wages, agent fees and amortization is a cap. I'm surprised there isn't a bigger uproar from agents and players.
They'll simply find a work around. Other benefits in kind, more brown bags, etc.

If FFP is designed to stop a Leeds situation.

Why do they seem so hell bent on sending us into administration?

There are many ways they could have dealt with us and handing out a larger points penalty that actually going into administration doesn’t really go along with what FFP was apparently for
FFP isn't designed to prevent a Leeds situation, that is a smoke screen.

FFP, just as VAR, is there to protect the 'Sky 6', the teams who have sold out, left their fans behind chasing the money.
The Premier League uses them to market itself in the Far East, Africa and the southern hemisphere.
It's all about making as much money for the stakeholders as possible.

Nothing, absolutely nothing is going to get in the way of this ever-growing, very lucrative cash-cow.

Certainly not a club building a world class stadium in the city of the 'Team' that sits atop of their pot of gold.

It's not arrogance. The biggest clubs with the most supporters should be at the top, if you believe in true FFP. If a club can be well run like Brighton or Brentford good on them,but Bournemouth are not one of them.
Define most supporters . Biggest grounds? Biggest Twitter Followers ? Most Members ?

It’s easy to say biggest stadiums or biggest attendances but City & WestHam we’re near enough gifted huge modern stadia so to a degree they have the luxury to charge less as basic infrastructure costs are less.

What you are suggesting is a club like Brentford would never have a seat at the top table because Griffin Park was really not that big and yes they have a new stadium with a capacity of 17k.

Brentford are having a purple patch as are Brighton . Brighton have a very troubled past and one man Tony Bloom who Brighton owe £300+ million is the reason for their good times

FFP isn't designed to prevent a Leeds situation, that is a smoke screen.

FFP, just as VAR, is there to protect the 'Sky 6', the teams who have sold out, left their fans behind chasing the money.
The Premier League uses them to market itself in the Far East, Africa and the southern hemisphere.
It's all about making as much money for the stakeholders as possible.

Nothing, absolutely nothing is going to get in the way of this ever-growing, very lucrative cash-cow.

Certainly not a club building a world class stadium in the city of the 'Team' that sits atop of their pot of gold.
FFP is designed to depress player wages, agent fees and transfer fees. It's a response to the Super League and its closed system, and designed to make the clubs cash cows instead of fighting over pennies, because it's cheaper to buy Aston Villa than it is Kylian Mbappe.

It's the first/best scheme to limit player salaries across UEFA.

All this talk of punishing the fans is nonsense and does the argument no favours at all. Can a team not be relegated because it will hurt the fans? It's football.

Saying that the punishment exacerbates the issue also lacks any credibility. The rules and punishments are an incentive to clubs to manage their affairs properly. If a club fails to do this, you can't then say that punishment is unfair as there is otherwise no incentive and clubs are more likely to be mismanaged to extinction. Its the management's fault, nobody else's.

I get its raw and it hurts, especially when you look at city and how they have gotten away with things for so long but the best bet is simply claiming the punishment is disproportionate and the process lacked clarity as there is certainly an argument to be had there. The rest of it just dramatic nonsense that won't hold any weight with the panel.