VAR

My mistake. I thought AR was AVAR on the transcript.

So the linesman on the bullens / gwladys side gave it?

That's how I understand it mate, cause I thought the same as you at the ground. The ref gave a freekick and I couldn't get my head around how quickly VAR had overturned it considering it normally takes forever.

It's absolutely pathetic what he's saying there, the bellend who runs VAR hasn't got a clue.

Never in a million years was that a pen and I think @Jacko93 has just mentioned that he thinks it's the linesman on the bullens/Street end side that actually gives it. If that's the case, that's a linesman who is about 50/60 yards away from action and wouldn't have any kind of view at all.

So, from that audio, we need to work out if it was the family enclosure lineman who gave it or if it was the bullens road lineman who gave it

It's absolutely pathetic what he's saying there, the bellend who runs VAR hasn't got a clue.

Never in a million years was that a pen and I think @Jacko93 has just mentioned that he thinks it's the linesman on the bullens/Street end side that actually gives it. If that's the case, that's a linesman who is about 50/60 yards away from action and wouldn't have any kind of view at all.

So, from that audio, we need to work out if it was the family enclosure lineman who gave it or if it was the bullens road lineman who gave it

"It's high and it's above the head" well it wasn't was it, it was at his face.

I honestly believe that if VAR didn't exist, the Liner would have given that anyway. Their confidence has been shot down massively by the fear of immediate embarrassment, so they just let it go when contentious in real time.and let VAR deal with it. They'll only flag for things the have absolute confidence in, they used to flag at about 95% confidence and be right.

I remember reading a stat somewhere that Liners got something in the region of 99.7% of offside decisions correct. This was never what VAR was brought in to rectify.

It was never judged as scientifically and minutely before VAR. The benefit would usually go to the attacker unless it was clear.

This is what winds me up they’re basically bare faced liars. All this shouldn’t be a pen but under the rules this season it is. Well it wasn’t at old Trafford earlier in the season when Garnacho fired a ball at Romero, who was just standing in a defensive posture. He wasn’t diving in, to block a shot, he was further away than Onana and the shot wasn’t as powerful. His arm was away from his body under the rules 100% a pen Yet the referee didn’t give it and Var didn’t either

This is what winds me up they’re basically bare faced liars. All this shouldn’t be a pen but under the rules this season it is. Well it wasn’t at old Trafford earlier in the season when Garnacho fired a ball at Romero, who was just standing in a defensive posture. He wasn’t diving in, to block a shot, he was further away than Onana and the shot wasn’t as powerful. His arm was away from his body under the rules 100% a pen Yet the referee didn’t give it and Var didn’t either

The way he goes "sometimes we take into account the distance but in this instance his hand was too high"....

Oh yeah, being 2 yds away from the ball with an available reaction time to get out the way of 0.2 seconds deffo means it's handball.

Like you said, he's a bare faced corrupt bellend who can't admit that it was a joke of a decision and another one to add to the list.

The way he goes "with it being so close, ots impossible to say where the shot would go"...well its easy to see in that 1.5yds of trajectory that it was hitting the roof of the Park End